Women vs guys

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by 69935, Sep 14, 2018 at 9:42 AM.

Tags:
  1. 69935

Well this is out to all men on here, Do you really think it is cool to call women whore or sluts or anything else, While you or my self have them for our partners, I do not ,, It just means that we men are the same ...

2. Kurio

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Honestly I’m not sure I’m quite clever enough to totally unravel that but here goes....

You seem to suggest that all men here refer to women as whores or sluts. I don’t think I’ve ever used that turn of phrase to describe a woman. I certainly hope I haven’t. I think there plenty of guys here that feel a similar way. There is a bit of a contradiction in the last part of your post that somewhat baffled me but no, I don’t agree.... all men are not the same.

Also worth noting that for some people, in the right circumstances and probably with a certain level of familiarity would find it okay and even a turn on to use those turns of phrase.

Having said that. I don’t find it acceptable to use such phrases with someone you don’t know. It never feels respectful to me.

GH057, Crazypetite77, 69935 and 2 others like this.
  3. Tosantos

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Never.

don't fully understand the OP either

GH057 and kcrown1967 like this.
  4. BWPHOENIX

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    This right here. The right circumstances. Do I call a woman a bitch/slut/whore in public? Absolutely not. But if we’re getting down and dirty and she TELLS ME to call her that then I have no problem with that. She requested it.

I dated one woman that was into mild BDSM, and she told me to call her Bitch when we were having The Sex. But she expressly told me that I was never to call her that anywhere else. And I never did.

Will every woman want that? Of course not. And if they don’t then I won’t do it.

GH057 and kcrown1967 like this.
  5. Friendly10

Gold Member

Name calling is just wrong an if a guy calls a female them names then what should be he called. Now I have had a couple of women that liked slut in the bedroom and only because they asked me to.my ex loved to be called a slug an I only did it because she liked it.

6. sensless

sensless Well-Known Member

Intent counts for a lot.

I can be called anything and I'll look at the person and try to feel if that was meant as an insult.

If it is the case, then I'll still try to put myself in that person's shoes to understand what's the underlying cause of that behavior.

Many times, insults come from ignorance.

I see ignorance almost as a mental handicap, therefore I'm self conscious of being offended by something said out of ignorance.

Many times, insults come from people who are under the influence of a group. The famous gang effect. There are many studies showing that it's very difficult to resist that, I mean, to be part of a group and still don't follow the pack. I see that a lot here, on SF, lately.

I'm afraid of it. A gang can turn in any direction for no good reason. Perfectly reasonable people can lose all reason.

So, if an insult comes from a person I think is acting under the influence of a group, I run. I put myself as far away from them as possible.

It isn't about feeling insulted. It's more a matter of understanding that what's going on can turn worse and moving myself away from danger.

Insults can also come from 'weaknesses' such as envy, jealousy and fear. If I can identify that, I also just move away, just like I do from a dog, or wild animal feeling threatened by my presence. Those insults are coming from the amygdala. That's also very difficult to control, being a very old part of one's brain and responsible for survival, etc.

So, I'd say feeling offended is also letting your amygdala control you. Instead of that, you can try to let your supramarginal gyrus have the last word. That'd be compassion.

It's very difficult to offend me.

7. 69935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice