stopping birth control pills mid-pack

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by star720, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star720

star720 New Member

Hi. I am 28 years old. I was on the pill from the ages of 16-21. I started taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo about 2 weeks ago. I have noticed a distinct change in my personality and my boyfriend notices too. I am moody, easily aggitated, depressed, no sex drive, not affectionate...... not myself at all. It's like I have PMS 24-7. When I went off BCP years ago, I noticed a huge change in my personality. I became more easy-going, my libido went up; I felt great. That is why I hesitated going back on BCP for so long.
    I want to stop taking the pills today. I have one more week of pills before the sugar pills. Should I do this? Will it mess up my cycle? I know it will make me get my period in a few days, but will it do any harm?
    My only other side effects are sore nipples and bigger boobs, which I don't mind!
    Thank you for any advice.

2. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I would just wait it out the week. If you do stop pills, you will start your period within a couple days & it could throw your cycle off for several months until it evens itself out again. It sounds like the hormones are not agreeing with your body & that is a concern you should bring up to your doctor. I have never experienced anything like this before, but it does sound aggravating to say the least.

Good luck to you & I do suggest that you talk to your doctor about this.

3. star720

star720 New Member

Thanks for replying. I will definitely talk to my doctor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice