So, I just drank whiskey for the first time...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

I've had quite a lot of liquor and vodka in my short time of being the blessed age of 21. Captain Morgan this, Cabana Bay that, Vodka this, schnapps that, etc.

I just got a small bottle of whiskey, and I'm not so sure it agrees with me. It made me feel like I was going to have to take an explosive shit in another hour if I kept drinking it. I also got some cheap spiced rum... granted with coke it may be good, but straight up for some reason it's hard for me to take it. Maybe I'm just a beer person. *shrug*

2. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

hums "She's my lil whiskey girl...ragged on the edges girl, but I like 'em rough" Ok... so I prefer rum (and coke or straight) but the occasional whiskey does this girl's body good... I think I get it from my dad... he is DEFINITLY a whiskey man, unless he gets a good cuban rum or mexican tequila

3. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

What kind of whiskey Jayce?

Hiker

4. Jayce

Gold Member

It's some cheap stuff. Evan William's Straight Bourbon Whiskey.

Something in it just doesn't agree with me. My stomach has been churning all night from it, and I only had 2 shots worth about 4 hours ago. I actually liked the taste of it, however it just didn't like me.

Rum is another thing I haven't gone too heavily into. I've tried a few flavored rums that were good, but the original spiced rum to me tastes just like the damn whiskey I just got.

So far the one thing I really like that I can sit down, relax, and enjoy while drinking straight and still getting a buzz off of is schnapps.

5. ddoubleu

ddoubleu New Member

I think you gotta spend a little more money when buying whiskey. Vodka by def. is odorless, colorless & tasteless. Therefore, the variance is not as great between vodkas as they are with whiskey.

My favorite bourbons are Knob Creek, Bookers (high octane), Woodford Reserve (big at the Kentucky Derby) & Makers Mark.

6. Jayce

Gold Member

I hear good things about Makers Mark. What's that taste like? Is it a creamier kind, or is it something that's blunt and strong?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice