Prozac and contraception.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by laura, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laura

laura New Member

Please, does anyone know if there is an interaction between the combined pill and the atidepressant Prozac? My doctor told me something but I want a second opinion. If someone takes them both, can this diminish the effectiveness of the contraceptive pill?

2. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

I have never heard this before. I know of several women (myself included at one time) who were taking both & was never told about this. Have you done a search on Prozac or on the pill that you are taking? Also, your BC pill should come with a booklet & it should tell you drugs that you should avoid while taking them.

This just baffles me...I worked in the Pharmacy field for 5 years & I've never heard this one before. Please let me know if you find out if it's true or not.

Good luck to ya!

3. laura

laura New Member

Re:

My doctor also told me that there is no interaction but I wanted a second opinion because if he was telling me bull**t just to get rid of me, I don't want to risk my contraception. Now,I feel a lot better. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice