Period nearly every week?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by queen cat, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queen cat

queen cat New Member

Not sure what to do, I`ve been on the pill since I was 14 and im now going on 23.

I am curious to whether it is causing my body any harm, and if there is a safe why to change to condoms only sex?

Ive been on the pill LONG before I was sexually active, and am not sure how to proceed.

Bit nervous about seeing Doc or nurse about this, since I hate blood tests, and my docs use any excuse to do one.

any advice etc?

Oh yeah, I feel very drained as my peroids are VERY irregular and sometimes one a week for three weeks! :mad

2. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

It sounds like you're going through the exact same thing I was dealing with at one point. I've learned through out the years that my body gets immune to the drugs, so my periods end up getting irregular & to the point that I was having my period every other week or at least spotting once per week. I went to my Doctor & they changed my pills. No blood tests or anything: never had a had a blood test for being on the pill. I was on that pill for about a year or so and the same thing happened. I tend to go through this every year to year & a half.
    I know that you don't want to go to the Doctor, but maybe just a quick call to them explaining the situation? I've done that before & my Dr called in a new prescription to my local Pharmacy for new meds.

Hope this helps you & Good Luck to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice