Is this okay to wear at a wedding?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrmusicmr, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrmusicmr

mrmusicmr New Member

I have only been to one wedding in my life, and this will be my second. Last time, my family criticized me for wearing such a dark color to a wedding (it was navy blue). So this time, I thought that I would ask for some advice.
    I was going to wear a purple cocktail dress, but I had a short notice that the wedding colors are silver, white, and pink. I'm kinda helping out so I thought that I would match the wedding color but I only have one dress that matches the color.
    There wasn't a notice that the wedding was formal but it is during the early evening, so I might be able to pull this off but I also didn't want to be over-dressed. Do you think that it's okay to wear or should I just go with a purple cocktail(a bit less formal)?

#1 mrmusicmr, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
  2. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Is there a bigger pic? from the distance it looks nice.

but to a wedding you can't go wrong with a cocktail dress and purple is a lovely colour.

EDIY: just read that there was a colour theme pardon my ignorance.

3. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Well I don't know if you would actually look good in a dress at a wedding. Not that I have anything against men in dresses. (I actually find it quite hot when my husband dresses in one for me. ) And no I didn't actually look at the dress seeing as I don't like clicking on outside links.

Also might be a good idea to go with the colors for the wedding.

4. Maverick

Maverick Member

Umm.......well, if you are a guy wearing a dress to a wedding, that'll be nice. If you're a gal wearing that dress to a wedding, it's gonna be fine. ;)

5. Meee

Gold Member

LOL. The spammers are getting careless.

6. octavius

Gold Member

It looks nice to me. I don't really understand the dark thing you family was complaining about. I've been to a ton of weddings and lots of ladies wear dark dresses....black even (always looks nice :p). The only time I ever heard complaints (and it was from other ladies not the guys) was when the dress was so skimpy/revealing the woman was falling out of her dress.

7. igor

Gold Member

If you are just attending the wedding and not a part of the actual wedding party/ceremony then they have no reason to dictate what anyone should wear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice