Honeymoon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Silverback, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Silverback

Silverback Member

I need help. I have been "put in charge" of finding our honeymoon. I say "put in charge" because I'm far from in charge, I'm responsible for the looking at the moment. I've looked at everything I can think of. Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Seychelles, Maldives, Bahamas, Barbados, Generally the whole Caribbean. I found what I thought was ideal yesterday 2 Weeks in Jamaica in a 5* hotel upgraded room and flights in a hotel chain we both know and love for just under £4500.

That cost too much and the Mrs, doesn't like the sound of Jamaica as she has been told it's violent ... fair enough.

Today I have found 5* Dominican Republic in the same chain of hotels on the Caribbean Sea side of the island, upgraded flights, you can't upgrade the rooms for between £2500 and £3000. I text my sweet to tell her ... "I've heard you can get a lot of tummy bugs there!"

She wants a nice beach, all inclusive, 4 or 5* for about £3000. We're getting married at the end of next October so honeymooning the start of November. I can't think of anything else or anywhere else.

Has anybody got any ideas???

2. Mittimer

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Come to Florida and have a honeymoon in the Keys! :)

3. Silverback

Silverback Member

Tried that, can't find any all inclusive places. Looked at a week in Disney and a week somewhere on the beach ... it costs too much. Do you know of any al inclusive places on the Keys?

4. Mittimer

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I sent you a private message on some information that I just found for florida keys. I don't know if it includes air fair from outside of the united states, but the website I'm sending you is a vacation website with packages including air fair, hotel stay and other things.

5. wetness1

Gold Member

Try Cuba... beautiful!

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

I suggest you get yourself a travel agent to take all of the headache out of planning the trip.

7. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I second CL!

8. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

If its clean beaches and crystal-clear waters your after....
    How about Port Douglas, The Whitsundays, Great Barrier Reef, Queensland Australia.....?:D

Oh'....and I third the travel agent idea too.....

9. Silverback

Silverback Member

Thanks for your replies, Mittimer thanks for the PM. We had a good chat last night and she accepts she has been a bit of a pain, she wont make decision but wont let me either, so were going to come up with a few ideas maybe 5 or 6, throw them in an envelope and pick one, then stick to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice