Age differences

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by HotForHoney, Feb 26, 2014.

1. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Let's discuss age difference. Men/women, older/younger, pros/cons.

Personally, I like my guys a little older (up to 5 years). I haven't dated anyone younger.

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Ok, I am 61 and SO 30 and before anyone jumps in she chose me and not the reverse. In fact I resisted for quite a while before succumbing to Nevada. Am I happy?
    You bloody betcha!

luvbug, Mikey22, JonJo and 2 others like this.
  3. thatreallyniceguy

thatreallyniceguy New Member

My SO is only a year younger I have dated 8 years younger than me and 8 years older, pros of older more mature, pro of younger didn't really see much of a difference other than the amount of energy. Cons I did not see much of a con other than that the younger was ALWAYS bored and after working 10 hrs a day I really was not up for down town! lol

Kiltedtxn and HotForHoney like this.
  4. Kiltedtxn

Gold Member

When I was MUCH younger (18- early 20s) I always went for older (by as much as 10 -20 years older).
    My ex was a year older than me, a girl I was with after my divorce was 10 years my junior and my GF is 6 years my junior, hate to say it but the girl that was ten yrs difference was more mature than the current one. I guess I'm up there with nice guy on the pros/cons.
    Were I not in a relationship I'd be hunting my age +5/-3

luvbug and thatreallyniceguy like this.
  5. JonJo

Gold Member

Oldest partner, not gf, - I was 19 she was 36. Pros she taught me a lot; cons none.
    Wife 1 year younger.
    Partners since loss: All approx same age; one three years older; no differences. One 10 years older, pros the experience of her age and what goes with it - knows what she wants and how to get it, cons none, she's still old enough to do everything both she and I want.
    Never let age be a deterrent; if 'its' there on both sides go for it.

6. CaramelLady

I would consider anywhere from age 40 up in real life relationships. I prefer a man with maturity. Age 40 makes him 16 years my junior. There is no top range as long as the gentleman is still active and vital.

BTW- my husband was 7 years my senior. I have never actually dated someone younger. Poor me.

#6 CaramelLady, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    Amature likes this.
  7. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I think there is a big difference between 20-30 year olds. Once you're 30'ish, I don't think you are going to mature much.

Amature likes this.
  8. JonJo

Gold Member

I'm 46 and I'm told that I haven't matured yet :) in mind, if not in body.

"You are only as old as the person you feel". That is true in both ways it can be read.

9. JS202

JS202 New Member

I prefer women to be slightly older than me, about 25-30 is the ideal age (I'm 21). But I'm not all that bothered about age as long as she's over 18.

10. backcheck64

Gold Member

You cradle robbing SOB LOL. Wife is 1 1/2 yrs younger than me. Biggest difference was 4 yrs when I was dating. Never dated older. If I had to start over, I'd probably be looking at 20 yrs younger. And hopefully she could keep up.

HotForHoney likes this.
  11. outofmymind

outofmymind Member

I like older women sexually better than younger women. But if you're talking about long term relationships, then a younger woman is definitely the way to go.

HotForHoney likes this.
  12. luvbug

Gold Member

I will not be with a guy young enough to be my son or old enough to be my dad( or grandpa)

My SO now is 13 yrs older than I am.

HotForHoney likes this.
  13. Mikey22

Gold Member

I'm 43 wife is 44, I think if I was single I would try to stay with in 5 years one way or the other.

HotForHoney likes this.
  14. alwaystry

I have only dated or just had sex with one persn older than me in my life. My current girl is 6 years younger, the previous 3 were ten to13 years younger. I really don't have a preference but I always wanted to date or have a fuck buddy older than me by say ten years, I'm not sure why , I don't think it is the maturety thing since it is not hard to be more mature than me lol. I dated 3 girls that were 21 when I was 30 plus , the sex as great but two were cheaters the other was just too immature.

HotForHoney likes this.
  15. LilBAM

Gold Member

The vast majority of girls I've ever been interested in are around 3-5 years older than me. Maybe it's because I'm attracted to the maturity? Never had an interest in girls much older than that, but then again I don't know many of them in that age group. So in general, 18-27 for me(I'm 22).

16. Mittimer

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I've only ever dated someone younger once. This was by two years and I was a teenager. Normally my men or women are my age or 2-4 years older the me. However, I've had quite a bit of interest in the 35-45 age bracket.

Age aint nuthin' but a number! :p

17. almostthere

Gold Member

No true HFH! Im 48 and I still have alot of growing up to do

18. HotForHoney

Gold Member

You might still NEED to grow up but I don't many people CHANGE maturity levels after 30ish.

19. Jake_or

Gold Member

Sexualy I love to explore age differences but in a relationship wise I like younger women....

20. Tribbiani

Tribbiani New Member

I have only been with girls that are slightly younger than me but am open to anything, if the person is interesting enough. On another note I heard of a rule regarding how young your sexual partners may be, your age devided by two plus 7. So for me, I´m just about to turn 34, devided by two plus seven is 24 so my partners can be 24 or older. Does that make sense?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice