Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

Is the lovely sound I'll be hearing in my mouth tomorrow. I went to the dentist last week and everything checked out perfectly. Then the dentist realized I hadn't had an x-ray taken in a few years, so they went ahead and took one. Then the dentist got his fucking magnifying glass out and sat there looking for a solid 2-3 minutes. Then he looked in my mouth, then xray, then mouth, xray, mouth, xray, this happened about 12 times. Then he said OHHHH YOU GOT A LITTLE BUCKLE OVER HURR.

Turns out I have a micro nano mili teenie fucking small ass pre pre pre newly born barely in existence beginning stage of a cavity on my one tooth. Now I gotta get drilled tomorrow at 8 am.

Motherfucker. :yell

2. rene48

rene48 New Member

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

:rofl

4. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

as an aspiring dentist...believe me when i say, get it fixed while its still microscopic...then you dont lose the whole freaking tooth

5. Jayce

Gold Member

I know. But, THE NEEDLE, IM GETTING A DAMN SHOT TOMORROW. :yell :sniff

6. Bluesy

Gold Member

It'll just be a little prick... (The needle, that is, and hopefully not the dentist ;) ) I'm sending you vibes of courage and pain-tolerance, Jayce. Chin up, man.

7. Jayce

Gold Member

Okay. I'm going to enjoy one last night of enjoyable sleep. Then, it'll all be over.

I've had a fun time here, and learned a lot of new things. Thank you all dearly for your input and help. My time has come. My fate has been set. The drill will own me at the wake of dawn.

Jayce ® 2006.

8. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

They should have some anesthetic which they can rub on the injection site to numb it. My dentist (a blonde female dentist) always numbs the injection site for me.

9. Thorn

Gold Member

I have a new dentist. I was in the chair the other day and I asked him where he was from. He said, "Key West" guickly followed be, "But don't worry, I'm straight." :lol

10. Jayce

Gold Member

People are such bullshitters. OMG THE SHOT IS THE WORST ITS OKAY. Shot is NOT the worst. Hell, I didn't even feel the shot and I got two of them!

The dentist put on some numbing gel shit which tasted quite terrible, and a little dab slid to the back of my throat. I know, nice isn't it? But that gave me enough temporary numb that when the shot came, I didn't feel shit.

Now, the drilling... Oh shit... He held the drill in front of me like they do in those old 1940's horror movies where the evil scientist holds down the power button to turn it on to scare the innocent victim. That's what he did! He held it in front of me and I saw the little drill bit spinning at 83948x10 RPM! Then, oh the smell, it was terrible. I was taking breaths everytime he took a pause and would hold it until I could find another pause... the smell was just gross.

And I also made the mistake of not eating in the morning before I came like they told me to. Now I can't eat anything hard today. Maybe a bowl of mac and cheese is in store for me this evening?

11. Jayce

Gold Member

By the way, you folks that have had cavities, how long did you get drilled? I felt like I had the drill longer this time for some reason. I thought maybe it was because my cavity wasn't even a "cavity" yet. It was in the pre-nano-micro stage of being a cavity. They only detected it with a magnifying glass on the x-ray. I thought maybe because of how small it was, they had to drill the hole bigger to actually put a filling in. Eh?

12. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I go in this afternoon for two fillings. Usually I skip the needles and tell the dentist, "Hurt me!" LOL But the cavities this time are on a molar and a wisdom tooth, so I'm sure I'll take the shot. I'd rather take a beating from a linebacker.

13. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

after i had my wisdom teeth removed i INSISTED on having mac and cheese for dinner...at a whole box of it...and 2 cut up hotdogs... promptly threw it all back up whole...my poor best friend was babysitting me that day and had to clean it all up... thank god mom paid her well (although,being the friend she is, she would have done it free...what a gal)

14. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

When my sister had her wisdom teeth out last year my mom made her extra-soft homemade macaroni and cheese, and the next day we sent out for Mexican food and she had a bowl of refried beans. Rice pudding is also good for people who've recently had dental work.

15. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I'm back and still spitting out filling material. Yuck! I told her "Hurt me, Baby!"

She minds soooo good.

16. Jayce

Gold Member

What, you're finding tiny bits and pieces of the filling breaking off? That kinda freaked me out. I was like what the hell, it's breaking apart! AHH!

I guess it's normal. *shrug*

Does your filling feel like sandpaper?

17. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Well, I'm sure it's not the new filling breaking apart. My guess is it's pieces of the old filling that she drilled out. And yeah, it feels a little rough. And sore.

18. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

My Dentist (a blonde lady ;>) uses a filling which is made of some sort of material which looks like the actual tooth material and is not rough at all. Apparently it also seals a little better than the traditional material. So far, so good.

I once had a teacher who had to have and extensive procedure done so the Dentist numbed her up really good. The teacher said that she came home and was making stew for supper. She tasted some as it cooked. She said that she thought that she'd gotten a piece of meat with the sample, so she just decided to chew it up and swallow it. She chewed and chewed and chewed until she realized that she was chewing ON HER TONGUE!!! She said that when the anesthetic wore off, she was in some serious pain from having chewed on her tongue while it was numb!

Oh, also, a former Dentist of mine always used to lecture patients about NOT chewing on ice. He said that chewing on ice did more damage to teeth than anything else he's seen. Not sure if that is true, but I try to only suck on ice and and not chew it.

19. Jayce

Gold Member

I had the option for the white filling. They seal better? I wasn't told that. I was however told that the traditional gray colored ones tend to last longer. I'm all about durability, so I chose that. Plus, they're in the back, so I don't care.

20. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

I've never heard that they seal better... its more a visual thing... the white fillings also have a tendency to be a little more expensive than amalgam...however, they have started using them almost exclusively (around here anyways) for children because of the fact that an amalgam filling contains mercury.

the white stuff is also much more versitile... my front teeth are completely rebuilt from it after breaking them as a kid