Your Weather?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thorn, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Thorn

Gold Member

It's well into January and here in Virginia it hit 72 degrees yesterday. FoxNews.com had a picture of people ice skating in Manhatten in short sleaves! A few minutes ago (about 8 AM) I was having a smoke on the back deck in my speedos. :eek

How's the weather where you are?

2. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

I went to a street machine show in Canberra yesterday and it was bloody hot, we got sunburnt....
    Back here in Sydney today it was overcast and humid, rained this afternoon and its just a really nice night tonight :)
    Watching Fox weather though, I cant believe the changes in weather conditions in the US., you guys seem to go through everything, one after another...snow storms,hurricanes,tornadoes,freezing cold, blazing hot????
    Remember when we used to have four defined seasons????
    Makes you wonder exactly what mother nature has in store for us in the future?

3. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

It's unseasonably and freakishly warm here in Sweden. Right now we're having rainy, balmy, fall-like weather when it should be freezing and snowing.

I don't know why it isn't snowing. It could be because of global warming. All I know is that there is no snow, and it weighs heavily on the Swedes' minds.

4. Jayce

Gold Member

It's strange. It seems like western US is getting obliderated with snow, yet eastern US is having Christmas in July.

Oh well, I'm from Pennsylvania, so I'm on the eastern side of the board and certainly not complaining!

I have no idea what the temperature was yesterday, but I was on the highway, windows down, short sleeves and shorts (which I always wear to work since it's so hot inside) and I felt just fine.

Today is a little cooler, in the mid 40s now and supposed to have a high of mid 50s. Not bad. :brow

5. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

You wear speedos? *snickers @ Thorny*

:lol

6. Thorn

Gold Member

Don't worry A1. lol! I'm not posting any pics to :sf and I'm not planing a trip to your neck of the Old Dominion any time in the near future. :lol

7. Dreama

Gold Member

It should be cold out here in KY, but it isn't. It's actually quit warm other than the fact that it is raining.

8. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Jayce in shorts and Thorn in speedos - HerHubby cringes and shudders at the thought but not nearly as much as Jayce and Thorn would cringe and shudder if they saw HerHubby in his undershorts he is wearing right now! Ha, ha!

Anyway, I was watching the Weather Channel the other day. The weather people say that this warmer weather is the effect of El Nino, a warm water phenomenon which heats up the water in certain parts of the world and affects the weather. As one who hates snow, I am OK with it, however, the snow bunny whiners are not happy. Neither are the polar bears who are losing ice to hunt on in the Artic.

9. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Yeah, I remember the last big El Nino back in '98. I was living in Oregon at that time and I remember it was unusually dry and warm, and the ocean actually warmed up enough to swim in. A cold water current usually keeps the ocean waters around the Oregon Coast very cold, even in the summer time. My dad, who lives on the Oregon Coast, said he could swim in the ocean without his wetsuit on during the El Nino.

It's raining again here in Sweden. Last year at this time we were knee deep in snow. I'm a California girl so I don't particularly like snow either, but Krof is worried.

10. heelfetish

Gold Member

Freakishly warm here too. As a person that loves winter and winter sports (skiing being the big one) and snowmobiling, I really miss the snow. This weekend it hit +12!! It feels more like the middle of April than January. *sigh* We had heavy rain storms and thunder/lightning on Saturday night. We're getting 5 cm of snow today (The grass is bare once again), but that will quickly turn to rain of freezing rain this afternoon.

I MISS WINTER!!!! :(

11. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

You all should fly over to Denver! Apparently they are up to their armpits in snow in Colorado! That would cheer Krof up!

12. Bella

Gold Member

Damn, it is beautiful here today!
    Suppose to go to 77!! Can't believe it & this is...
    January!!! If I didn't have so much to do today;
    it would be a perfect day to spend on the beach!
    ~Bella

13. TheDude

TheDude New Member

It's shitty and rainy here in New York, but it probably could be a hell of a lot colder for this time of year so I can't complain.

14. Bluesy

Gold Member

YES! I'm aching to play in some white stuff; catch it on my tongue and savor it! Er, snow that is ;)

15. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

You so had me going there for like five seconds. I was like ... DAMN Bluesy! :lol

16. PitGtarMan

PitGtarMan New Member

Hot and dry here. About 100deg F today. tomorrow will be even hotter.