your views on sleeping around.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by dan7564, Jun 21, 2007.

1. dan7564

dan7564 New Member

Personally, although i haven't done it, im pretty sure if i had sex with a friend it wouldn't get weird. The way i see it sex is fun, and i like having fun with my freinds.
    I go a girlfriend and she wouldn't see it the same way so for her sake i don't so much as kiss another girl.

I know a lot of people think of it as a special thing beween two loving people, and that some people think it should be an olympic sport.

in the 1950's people wouldn't have nearly been as sexually active as they are today, mainly due to the wonderfull invention of condoms and the pill. So 50 years from now what do you think western sociaty would feel towards sex? Could sex ed in gym class actually involve sex? or could husbands freely sleep with other wemon without worrying that she would get jelous?

2. tr0n

tr0n New Member

You'll never get rid of jealousy among couples in love.

If you want to bang a bunch of chicks..go ahead..but I would never do that in a committed relationship. That's asking for disaster, distrust, and lots of hurt feelings. Then again, if your SO is cool with it, go for it..but tread lightly.

3. Joseph S.

Joseph S. New Member

Personally, I wouldn't ever think of doing something like that if I was in a serious relationship. Even if I wasn't in a relationship I still think sleeping with my friends would be wierd and uncomfortable .

4. Webster695

Webster695 New Member

In a relationship, I'm big on monogamy. Outside of a relationship, when you're just "dating" or "seeing" someone, with no expressed commitments, whatever floats your boat, as long as you're safe about it.

I do not believe in, or appreciate, sleeping around on someone you're with.

Swinging doesn't count as sleeping around, IMO.

5. Darkgift

Darkgift New Member

I don't agree with sleeping around unless your significant other is comfortable with it or unless you are single and get tested before getting into a serious relationship. I think that lying to one's partner is horrible.

6. Kahurin

Kahurin New Member

Sleeping around is kinda weird in my opinion because sex gets people so close to you and you have emotions as a female so i couldnt do it

Just be safe and wear a condom

I hate to think whats going to happen when they come out with a male birthcontrol LOL(i heard they are working on it :D)

7. blueyedcouple

blueyedcouple New Member

Being in a "committed" relationship is just that.."committed", if you can't stay that way then get out. Couples that are ok with and agree on a "open relationship" is between them but I don't believe that there is the same amount of trust, loyalty, honesty there afterwards.

8. g8rguy

g8rguy Member

Why not talk to your girlfriend and see if she's interested in swinging. It sounds to me like that's what you want to do.

9. goofball123

goofball123 New Member

Personally, I don't think that I could do it if i was in a serious relationship, I would be too worried about getting caught lol, and besides, i wouldn't want to ruin the relationship just for 1 night of fun. The only way i think i could do it is if the 2 of us agreed to it and it was purely sexual. But even then, i would tread carefully, you generally can't choose how you feel about someone so it would be pretty risky. The thought is often intriguing, but i think i would like it to remain a thought.

10. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

"in the 1950's people wouldn't have nearly been as sexually active as they are today, mainly due to the wonderfull invention of condoms and the pill"

When did you think condoms were invented? Long before the '50s. Read this: http://www.nzgirl.co.nz/articles/2810 Times haven't changed as much as you think.

"So 50 years from now what do you think western sociaty would feel towards sex? Could sex ed in gym class actually involve sex? or could husbands freely sleep with other wemon without worrying that she would get jelous?"

Attitudes about sex don't change that rapidly. When talking about the history of man's sexual attitudes, 50 years is nothing. The way you feel about sex today is probably very close to how you'll feel about it 50 years from now (except you won't be as horny). Your children and grandchildren will likely have values close to your own. So no. Your grandchildren will not be practicing sex in gym class under the supervision of the gym teacher, and most couples will still demand monogamy from each other. 500 years from now it could be a completely different story.

11. scottyman211

scottyman211 New Member

as long as you and SO are both comfortable with it, i see no problem!

12. gixxer750

gixxer750 New Member

very interesting conversation here...lol