your spouse has cheated...

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by redics_girl, Jun 14, 2013.

1. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

would you rather it be with a stranger or with someone you personally know?

OP note- do not turn this into a discussion of the immorality of cheating- it happens. we know its bad. but obviously, it still happens. i just want a simple answer to my question. Thanks.

2. kipro150

kipro150 Member

Both of them would make me feel like shit. But I guess a stranger since its easier to be out of sight and out of mind and more of an abstract feeling than with someone you know. But that's all 100% speculating

The end result would be the same for the relationship

3. mars74

mars74 Member

I would it rather it be a stranger.....if its a friend then you lose both a partner and a friend....double your loss and betrayal..

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

That's a hard question to answer really. I wouldn't want it to be a stranger because then I would wonder where the hell he/she is meeting these people. There's more of a "behind my back" stance to it.

On the other hand, if it were a friend, then of course I would be angry at both my SO and the friend, and I would be losing both a friend and a lover. It's a shitty situation.

I would prefer no cheating at all.

5. minskminx

Gold Member

This is also my answer.

6. policescanner1

Gold Member

I have been with both a Friend and Stranger. For me the stranger made me feel worse about myself than the Friend. We did not know each other as it was a random meeting at a paramedic conference. We both we so ashamed of what happened that I still have a guilty conscious about it today. And no I was not married at the time.

7. backcheck64

Gold Member

Doesn't matter, either way the relationship is over.

8. Texas_Red

Gold Member

This.

9. Itouchtomuch

Itouchtomuch New Member

I had a friend one time try to take my wife. We were on the skids at the time, so he tried to take advantage of it. So as pissed off as I got about that, I'd have to say stranger.

10. Meee

Gold Member

If it was with someone I know, it's possible that I'll understand the circumstances differently and we might be able to save the relationship somehow. If it's with someone I don't know, I'd just feel that the situation is beyond my control, and the relationship would have to end.

11. wsc

wsc
    Gold Member

I lived with someone back in the late 1980s. I was 22yrs old and had been with the woman for 2 years when she began shagging a mate of ours. As we lived in a house with 3 other friends everyone knew about it before me. My mates didn't know how to tell me and i ended up losing a partner and the mate she'd cheated with.
    Id have preferred it not to have happened at all...but these things do...but it was definitely worse that it was with a friend.

12. phish

Gold Member

I would say this is my answer too.

13. 12barblues

Gold Member

I suppose I would hope I were in an open relationship at the time.... That way it just wouldn't matterIf not... Then I gotta go with what BC said.....

14. AtkCCC

Gold Member

Sucks either way but if I had to answer...Stranger

15. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

If she cheated and I never found out I would hope that it was with a friend. Once I find out though I feel that there is more of a possibility to reconcile if its a stranger. If its a friend there would be more complications in all of us trying to move on. Someone would end up being the odd man out and not being reconciled.

16. luvbug

Gold Member

Im with backcheck and Red on this.

Whether its a friend or stranger the relationship would be over and somebody would be dead.

17. ISOParadiseCity

I would say a stranger for the above reason.
    I have been cheated on, and she did it with a guy that was a stranger-to-me.
    At least I never had to see the guy, or worry about mutual friends kind of things.
    If it was with a friend of mine, it would be so much worse. I would lose a gf and friend at the same time.

18. Ready2Please

Gold Member

X2

Mittimer likes this.
  19. Miamia

Miamia Member

A friend of mine is trying an open relationship with her boyfriend. There are two rules: Don't have sex with the same person more than once and just have sex with strangers that you'll probably never meet again.

The reason is: As long as it's just having sex, it doesn't threaten the relationship. But if emotions are developed... it's precarious. One is more likely to develop emotions to a friend or to an acquaintance compared to a stranger.

As the last point is transferable to a non-open-relationship, I could forgive being cheated more easily if the other person was a stranger.

20. AtkCCC

Gold Member

I just don't see that working to well in the long run, hope the best for them. That being said, Wifey and I have been involved with other couples/singles in the past but as a couple mostly and with consent. I know, sound almost the same but we have our own rules.