[Ask a Guy] Your daddy's dick..

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Barbwire, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

When our son was born, my husband did not want him to be circumsized. His reason was, he didn't want our son to see his penis and think there was something wrong with it because it looked different than his.

Its not just my husband that has had this reason for not circumsizing their son. I've heard other men say similar things.

I honestly question just how many boys see thier dad's dicks and if they compare them to their own. I mean, I'm 42 and I've never seen my mom's vagina and I can't think of hearing any women saying they've seen their mom's, either.

What gives?

2. Katprr

Katprr New Member

Well since I am a mother of 4boys, I can tell you that I can't count how many times, the boys and their dad went to the bathroom togeather at the same time etc.. I know it happens alot, as far as to compare size etc.. I don't think they would do that, but since a child has curiousity when the reach 5 if for instance, a friend of mine, her husband wasnt circumsized and her son was. I only know all this because I remember the phone call I got. Anyway her son and husband were going pee togeather and he ask," Why does your pee pee look different then mine?"
    Children are curious beings that is their nature that is how they learn. So if they see something different whether it be a body part, or a child in the store that may have a a limp, etc.. They are going to ask it is in the nature of them.
    I know this said "A guy question" but as a parent and having given birth to 4 boys etc.. I can say that a boy seeing their dad's penis is VERY COMMON, and happens alot.
    Women don't stand there and pee togeather we have to sit down basically so of course we don't see our mother's vagina's our vagina's dont pertrude from our bodies, we can't stand at the toliet whip it out and shoot at cheerios, are targets placed in the toliet etc.. So what gives, boys and their fathers do alot togeather, yes and that means going to the bathroom togeather.

3. Dreama

Gold Member

Well, there's really not that much of a reason for circumcision anyway, unless the foreskin becomes too tight or something later on in life...Mostly people just do it, because that's what they thought they should do. So for whatever reason, the decision not to get him circumcised is a valid one.

That said, that's an odd reason. As you pointed out, a lot of kids probably don't see much of their parent's privy parts.

4. stu73

stu73 New Member

Can't say I'd ever thought of comparing mine to my father's. I did see it a time or two in a men's locker room at a swimming pool, but didn't ever think about it much.

I will say, that as a circumcised guy, and having seen other men (we've played with other couples), I'm VERY glad mine is circumcised! I think I'd hate having to live with the extra skin, but just my opinion.

5. Poky

Poky Banned

When I was a kid, I didn't look at my dads cock so I could compare size or to see if it was any different then mine. At such a young age, it doesn't even cross the mind about such things, nor does being circumcised or not being circumcised. Most likely, they, young boys, watch their dads to see how they pee, a learning curve all of us have to do through-out life. For a young boy, simply watching or seeing how dad holds his penis while peeing and then giving it a shake when is how they learn to pee without using a training toilet. Learn by watching, that is my opinion...Circumcision is a whole different subject as there are many different views on it by many different people...

6. heelfetish

Gold Member

I'm circumcised, but I didn't want to do that to my son. The thought of us not looking alike occurred to me, but he's 4 now, curious as hell, and has never brought up the visual differences. Even when watching me pee with morbid curiosity.

I say the choice is entirely personal, and there is no right or wrong. And I don't see any issues either way.

7. suite91

suite91 Member

We have daughters so we didn't have to make this choice but I would feel like your husband does, Like father like son.

8. Mr. G

Mr. G Member

In our culture circumcision is rather rare phenomenon.. So it wouldn't even come to my mind to consider it in the first place. Actually I think that our health care ain't willing to perform such an operation unless there some medical reason for it (an over tight foreskin is probably the only common one)

Here in Finland the sauna tradition is quite strong and it's common for the whole family to go in the sauna together and so it's not uncommon for a child to see his/her both parents naked.

I remember this one time when we were in sauna all together and my little-sister who was then like two or three or so started to compare herself to us males and started asking things like "Where is my peepee?" and "Is it gonna grow?" and so on.. Me and my brother found this a bit embarrassing, but funny too :lol
    Anyway, parents explained her how boys and girls are a bit different and so on.

This of course is a natural part of growth and it's same with boys. At some point they'll discover that they are a bit different from the opposite sex. At the same, it would sound natural to me that they might compare their weeners to their dad's. They differ quite a bit anyway so I don't would the circumcision make it much weirder.. Of course besides the question "Why is dad so hairy down there?" he might be then wondering "Is my foreskin going to be like dads?"

:uhh:

9. igor

Gold Member

I remember seeing my dad when I was quite young. Never thought any about it nor did I think anything strange when I saw my first uncut cock. It was just different, that's all. If my kids would have been boys, I would not have had them circumcised. Normally there is no reason to do so.

10. cbrmale

Gold Member

My brothers and I are circumsized because my father was circumsized, and my parents wanted us to look the same. By the time my son was conceived, I realised that circumscision was a bad thing so my son has a natural penis. I don't flaunt my naked body so I don't know if he has seen me or not, although perhaps I should have explained why we are different just in case he has. In Australia these days, very few boys (less than 2%) are circumsized, so the advantage for my son is that he looks the same as other young men. Given he is a part-time swimming coach, it's more likely he's seen other men's penises a lot more often than mine.

11. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I'm not circumcised, but my brothers were, and I think my dad was too. If not, his foreskin was pulled back when I saw it, so I thought it was. It bothered me a little as a youngster when I noticed that I wasn't like them, and my friends were also circumcised. Since I'd never seen girly parts in those young years, I can remember wondering if I was really a girl. I knew boy-girl parts were different, and I was different than all the guys. Then I turned 40 and saw what girly parts looked like. ;)

My son was circumcised. Had it been left up to me, I probably wouldn't have had it done, but my wife wanted it, and I was pretty neutral. My late wife and current wife had never been with a guy who wasn't circumcised, and I think they prefer/preferred cut. I even offered to be circumcised if they wished, but both said no, that they liked it fine once they got used to it. I'm glad neither wanted me to, but looking back over the years, I kinda wish I'd have been snipped at birth.

That said, I Americans seem to be turning away from circumcision, and I think that's a good thing.

Now, directly to your questions, CL, I saw my dad's penis when we were both peeing outdoors. I suppose little boys have to pee if dad pees, and they'll sneak a peek. I don't know if my son ever saw my penis or not, but I'd guess he probably did at some early age. All it takes is standing next to each other at a public urinal one time, or whipping it out in the forest to relieve yourself. Those little beady eyes are right at pecker level. You can go stand behind a tree, but the kid will likely follow and copy you.

12. Mr. G

Mr. G Member

When I checked for some background data I was quite surprised that this is so popular in America (like Joe said the rates are decreasing, which is a good thing in my opinion too). I thought this was only a Islamic and Jewish tradition, but according to wikipedia 35% of baby boys in US are being circumcised and most of em have no association in religious motives. :eek

13. ccjcool

ccjcool New Member

I'd like to chime in that I was circumcised, likely as a baby, seeing as i dont remember... There was no religious motive or anything, nor have my parents ever explained to me why I was... I do know that my father is also circumcised, but again, given that he was raised catholic, i don't know what the reason was behind it. As for my future children, if I have a son, on the flip side of CL's statement, I will probably have him circumcised so that he and I are "alike". In general though, I'm rather indifferent. I see no reason why one shouldnt be, nor why they have to be (outside of religious reasons). I think its just a matter of parental preferance.

14. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

Hi, im a little confused several people have said they do not agree with circumcision or they are glad numbers are reducing but none have said why, so i did a bit of research and all i can really find is several pros, reduced risk of infection and cancer, although low these are pros, very few cons, slight chance of infection during procedure, but these days the chances of that are very very low, much lower than the chances of the child getting an infection which will force them to be circumcised later.

Can some of you explain why you seem so against it even though there is no real medical reason to be so?

Just read over this and it does seem a touch argumentative, i didnt mean it to be, so please dont take it that way i simply cant think of better words to express what i am trying to say.

15. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I think one of the reasons why those of us are against circumcision (even though there is no medical reason to be so) are against it, is that in most cases there is no medical reason to have the procedure done. Also, the decision to circumcise or not to circumcise is something that will affect the entire course of one's life, and I don't think it's right for parents to be making this decision on behalf of their children.

I've already addressed your concerns in a different thread but I don't mind reposting it here:

16. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

OK fair point, thats all i needed, and you could be right about letting the child decide themselves when they are older, to be honest i think parents should just make the decision they think is right for their "child" and not for themselves as maybe is ometimes the case.

Appendix? could be similar to this we needed it at one time and no longer do and it is yet to be changed through evolution. I presume it was originally there as we didnt wear clothes, now that we do it becomes less needed.

17. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I always thought it strange that we have an organ that seemingly has absolutely no use, but it turns out that the appendix does have some function after all. While it's true that we don't really "need" the appendix, and those who have it removed continue with their lives just fine, recently it's been discovered that the appendix (previously thought to be useless) produces and protects the good bacteria vital for normal digestion. It also aids in immune system function.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/10/05/appendix.purpose.ap/index.html

The foreskin is another one of the organs that men don't absolutely "need." You can get along just fine without it. But again, it does have a several important functions. While the appendix is removed only when it becomes medically necessary to do so, most of the circumcisions done routinely in the US are done for medically unnecessary, purely cosmetic reasons.

18. rugbylad82

rugbylad82 New Member

I did not know that, you learn something new everyday, although there are a lot of we thinks and could bes in that article. Also:

"If a person's gut flora dies, it can usually be repopulated easily with germs they pick up from other people, he said. But before dense populations in modern times and during epidemics of cholera that affected a whole region, it wasn't as easy to grow back that bacteria and the appendix came in handy."

That suggests in todays society it is still useless even if this study is accurate.

19. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

More accurately, because of modernity the appendix has become an almost superfluous organ. However, I'm sure it's still quite useful in those parts of the world where they're still working becoming "modern."

20. loveit247

Gold Member

I love the fact that circumcision is becoming redundant. I love love love foreskins. They are such sexy things.