Younger guy...older woman.

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Teresa1214, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Teresa1214

Teresa1214 New Member

The new guy I am seeing is 10 years younger than me. I am 47 and he is 37. He is divorced with two kids and I am also divorced with two kids. Neither one of us want more children. I have a really good time with him and we have a lot in common. He treats me wonderful. The sex is so amazing. My sister does not think this relationship will work due to the age gap. Do you think this could work?

2. Mike53

Mike53 New Member

Why not? But it depends on what you are both looking for, and if you both are in time with one another. If one is looking for hot sex and the next conquest while the other is looking for love then someone will be hurt. If you both are looking for lasting companionship then I`d say it looks hopefull. If you both are in to pleasing one another more so than yourself I`d say darned hopefull.But then again just who in this world really knows what is to come. Certainly not me. But I`ve found a lot lot of things work out for the best, so with that ,I`d say go with your heart and show your love. It will be what it will be.

3. wifewatcher

wifewatcher New Member

Teresa, if you are happy, not only in bed, but in life, it will work as long as the 2 of you want it to. don't listen to negativity. I am happy that there is another happy couple in this world.

4. Reclusive

Reclusive New Member

Ten years doesn't matter at that point in life.

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Well ours is a 30 year difference in the opposite direction and it still works ;)

6. CaramelLady

I think the relationship can work and I feel strongly that you should consider continuing. 10 years is not really a big deal.

7. JonJo

Gold Member

10 years difference is nothing.
    It can be beneficial to you both, because you can both bring so much 'to the party'.
    Only possible problems is the kids - how do they feel about the relationship?

8. Teresa1214

Teresa1214 New Member

Well my kids are 23 and 25. They just want me to be happy. I havent met his kids. But his ex wife is 36 and is married to a 25 year old guy...I don't think they will have a problem.

9. backcheck64

Gold Member

Damn, I'm two years older than you, but my oldest just turned 16. As to your question, stranger things have happened. If I ever got a divorce, I'd probably be looking at someone 20 yrs younger, she has to keep up with me and very few late 40s to 50 yr olds have the physical conditioning. My wife is a bit strange that she's in perfect physical condition so I don't see a problem in that area for a very long time.

10. Amature

Gold Member

Most wives outlive their husbands. I don't think the age gap (the female older than the male) will make a big difference. I say go for it!

11. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Ten year difference doesn't mean anything between mature adults.

xx

12. Seneca99

Seneca99 New Member

Don't listen to your sister. Love has no age, neither has fun, joy and laughter!
    All those stupid mass-conciousness. It is all based on fear and learned patterns. This is not the reality.

If it feels right in your heart and you are happy: go for it and stay in the moment!

13. JD_Phoenix

JD_Phoenix New Member

It's one thing if this was 20 years ago (even then it isn't THAT bad). 47 and 37? That's nothing. Your sister is just being judgmental and silly. If the relationship is good, it's good. That age gap isn't anything to be concerned about at all. :)

14. SexyDiva100

SexyDiva100 Member

If you are both happy, who's to judge? It's your relationship, and as such is no one else's business ! IMHO

15. lionheart21

lionheart21 New Member

I have always been into older women I was dating a 52 year old when I was just 22... She did not act or look like a 52 at all!