you cycle

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by p115, Mar 20, 2007.

1. p115

p115 New Member

the doctor had my gf take her temp every day so she could follow her cycle. How may of you do something like this or keep track of it?

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I did this in order to track ovulation so that I could become pregnant. It was our last hope before beginning infertility treatments, and it worked, we have a nine year old for it. :) It's called Basal Body Temp.

3. maryf48

maryf48 New Member

Is your partner trying to fall preganant? Or is there some other reason? You see generally, taking your temperature for a full cycle is a way of showing when you are ovulating, especially for those that are planning to fall pregnant.

4. heelfetish

Gold Member

Exactamundo! My wife and I went through the same procedure when trying to conceive. Basil body temp, plotting the temps on a graph, and marking when we had sex. Ahhh, the pressure! :lol

5. tr0n

tr0n New Member

I'm supposing this also works the other way, no? We track her cycle on the calendar to identify the period in which we have to pay attention to where I cum (either in or on her), so she doesn't get pregnant.

6. heelfetish

Gold Member

That would be known as the rhythm method (or calender method), which has a high (25%-5%) failure rate. Compared to that of the condom (18%-2% failure rate), or birth control pill (5%-.1% failure rate).

7. Dreama

Gold Member

Get her on birth control, or use condoms. You will most likely be sorry if you don't. Seriously. Unprotected sex is just not smart.

8. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

The so-called rhythm method really is the Russian Roulette of birth control methods. But I suppose it's your only option if, say, your religion dictates that you must not use condoms or the pill.

9. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Do you know what they call couples on the rhythm method?

Parents:lol

10. barbie

barbie New Member

Good for you!!I have never known anyone that it worked for.

11. heelfetish

Gold Member

It didn't work by itself for us, but we continued after taking fertility drugs.

12. tr0n

tr0n New Member

We're married. If kids happen, they happen. We've been planning on it for a little while anyways.
    Would you say the body temperature method is more accurate than the calendar method?

She can't go on the pill just yet because of that vestibulitis (supposedly) problem that the docs are trying to work out. They aren't sure precisely what causes it so they want to see if having her off the pill does anything different. We can use condoms but my wife insists it doesn't feel nearly as good for her. I bought some of those polyurethane ones to see if that makes things any better. Last time we were on a condom regimen, I just wore it til I came, then removed it and continued onward...

13. heelfetish

Gold Member

I was posting mainly for the benefit of other readers, or yourself if you were serious about preventing pregnancy as you referred to in your original post. :)