You are all invited to a pity party

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Barbwire, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

Yesterday, my leg caught fire. Please heap much pity upon me. I tried to get some from my hubby but, all he did was yell at me for being stupid, which I was, but still..........

OWWW!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HardRocker

Gold Member

That burns just looking at it.:ugh

3. luvbug

Gold Member

Ouch!! That looks very painful!

4. SteveWaste

SteveWaste New Member

Looks round, kind of like an exhaust pipe. I know from experience exactly how bad burns can be, and that baby should look mighty pretty in the next couple of days. Keep it wet with goop but not in the shower.

Sorry CL, they suck monkeys, no doubt about it.

~Steve

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

Actually, I was burning brush and got gas on my pant leg. The weirdest thing was, the gas burned and so did my leg but, the jeans don't even look scorched.

Thanks for the pity, everyone. I feel better, already.

6. SteveWaste

SteveWaste New Member

Denim does a good job of breathing, so the accelerant was the thing burning through the cloth even (I assume). I had a friend who did something very similar back in Junior High. He poured gasoline in an unlit fire pit onto some logs, then left for about 5 minutes to get a box of matches. Just enough time for the fumes to spread and settle. We watched him light it from the porch. The fire spread in about a 5 foot circle around the fire pit and caught his pant legs on fire. We tackled him and beat his legs out.

His burms weren't nearly as bad as yours. Just red and hairless mostly. Those look to be just over the line of second-degree judging by the color of the flesh.

~Steve

7. igor

Gold Member

OUCH! CL

Next time you might try using something not as potent such as fuel oil, kerosene, or charcoal lighter..

8. Barbwire

Gold Member

You know how I've said in the past that stress makes me horny? Well, yesterday, after I got back from the doctor's office, I had a call from my virtual lover and we chatted for a while, nothing sexual AT ALL. After I got off the phone with him, I had an undeniable need to get off. I mean, it was so instense that I had the shakes and I could not focus on anything.

I rubbed one out and felt immediate relief as far as the tension went but, I was still hurting. I would never have dreamt I could be horny and in a lot of pain at the same time.

Sheer craziness, huh?

9. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Instead of pity I rather ask how the heck did this happen?
    Not that I don't care but curiosity gets me now.

10. Barbwire

Gold Member

I was trying to burn brush that was very green. After adding a lot of dry wood and trying to coax the rest of the pile to burn for over an hour, I decided to put some gas on the wood to see if it would take.

I went to the opposite side of the pile from where I'd already tried to start the fire in case there were any embers, (the pile was HUGE) and I poured some gas on the branches. Next thing I know "WHOOSH!" there's a fire ball and the spout for the gas tank is on fire. I threw it but, in the process, I got some gas on my pant leg.

The fumes must have caught flame is all I can think of because I was nowhere near any burning wood with the gas can.

11. SteveWaste

SteveWaste New Member

I had a great grandmother who did the exact same thing with a near-empty aluminum gas can that exploded like a frag grenade. For the rest of her life, she required constant medical attention.

I'd say you were pretty lucky.

Don't do that anymore. I really like hearing from you.:)

~Steve

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thanks, Steve. My husband said I was lucky the can was over half full so it didn't explode.

13. HardRocker

Gold Member

Right, an empty gas tank is way more volatile than a full gas tank. Use kerosene if you really have to, but gasoline is bad stuff. I use charcoal lighter for starting a brush pile.

14. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Hope showering isn't too painful that looks really sore :(

15. Beach

Beach New Member

my dad had a childhood friend do something very similar.. be thankful Cl, it did not end well for him at all.
    be more careful damn it.

16. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

As others have already said mate.....it could easily have been far worse:eek
    Never throw gas on a fire.....:eyes
    I hope you feel better soon love.....:rose

17. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thanks everyone.

Candy, I never did shower today. When I took off the bandage, a lot of skin came off and there are a lot of new blisters. There's no way in hell I'm going through the pain I did in the shower yesterday again. I'll just sponge bathe and wait to heal.

18. Barbwire

Gold Member

Technically, I didn't throw it on the fire, I threw it far away from that. It was the gas vapors that started the conflagation.

19. Barbwire

Gold Member

You weren't kidding! When I took off the bandage yesterday, big sheets of skin were flapping about the burns were very red and angry looking. The huge blister I have between the two burns hasn't popped yet and that's gonna be purty when it does, I'm sure. BLECH!

The good news is, just as long as I don't bang it on anything it doesn't hurt anywhere near as bad as it did the first day . That is a tough thing to avoid here on the homestead when there is so much work to be done outside. :ugh

20. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

Last summer Steve wrecked a quad back in the woods. In the middle of the night, he backed it off of a 6 foot cliff and it landed on him (exhaust pipe on his right forearm). It melted several layers of his skin and the doctors told him it was a significant 2nd degree burn. His helmet saved his life.

It probably took over a month for that to heal all the way and he's still got a gnarley scar from it. I do not envy how bad that had to have hurt (and still hurt) but I'll definitely take a seat at the party.

I am sorry :(.