Yikes. Condom problems!

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by CarelessDrewski, Jul 26, 2009.

1. CarelessDrewski

CarelessDrewski New Member

So I might be an idiot. I'm not quite sure, but I've got some things to learn, it seems. I just started having sex recently, so this is all new to me.

Condoms are breaking at a ridiculous rate and I don't get why. I'm using Trojan Thins. First of all, when I put them on, they only unroll halfway. This usually works alright, but every now and then, when my girlfriend and I change positions, the condom gets left inside her. It just slides right off of me! So to fix this, I started really forcing them to cover my whole penis down to the base - forcing them to unroll the whole way. Well, the other night we broke 3 condoms in a row doing this. Just from regular missionary.

And a side-problem: I decided to try a different brand. So I bought a 3-pack of Durex regular-thickness textured-things. They unrolled the whole way with no problems. But they hurt! They were sort of pre-lubricated, but they still gripped her and I so hard that it was painful for both of us(No, we did not have any lubrication on hand at the time). And guess what? We broke through one of these condoms too! AND one of these condoms also stayed inside her while we were moving around. AND here's the best part: the day after, I noticed that the head of my penis was bleeding. The sensitive skin had been rubbed right off in places. Ouch!

What the hell am I doing wrong?

2. Maddox

Maddox New Member

are you putting them on backwards?

3. igor

Gold Member

Have you looked on one of the condom web sites to see how to properly use one?
    Like Maddox said, you may be trying to unroll it the wrong way. In over 20 years of condom use I never had breakage or lose one.

4. CarelessDrewski

Nope, not backwards. I assumed that too the first time, and so I have been careful since.

5. MunaJadida

MunaJadida New Member

Sounds like you're not putting any space at the end and it gets too tight on your glans. When you put it on, pinch the end slightly, so there's a bit of room at the end. This space gives you room for your cum, as well as a bit of space for movement. Also, be sure not to wear two condoms at once. It doesn't give extra protection, it just makes breakage more likely.

I've been using condoms for 8 years (well, my partners have worn them), both latex and polyeurethane, many different brands, and I have never had one break or slip off.

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

Maybe you need larger ones.

7. xavier211985

xavier211985 New Member

emm... try to use more than 1 condom in a time... is it possible? emm..

8. HardRocker

Gold Member

I believe that was addressed in post number 5, maybe you missed it. It makes breakage more likely.

Please tell me what "emm..." means, I've seen it in many of your posts.

9. xavier211985

xavier211985 New Member

its a habit...a bad habit i believe... ill try to avoid it next time.. thanks again..

10. carolinagirl

carolinagirl New Member

use a little lube

11. CarelessDrewski

Ok, thanks everyone - especially munajadida.

Can you get different sizes? I haven't even paid attention to that. After seeing so many youtube videos of guys goofing around and putting their whole heads inside of condoms, I would have assumed condoms were mostly one-size-fits-all. I'm not an odd size - just a hair over 7 inches. That's bigger, but not that much bigger.

I'm not sure any of this advice will necessarily help. I have no idea why this is happening. We had another breakage the other morning. There had been a bit of space at the end of the condom, like you guys recommend. She's definitely making sure she's taking her birth control pills recently, I'll tell you that!

12. HardRocker

Gold Member

Trojan makes a size they call Magnums for guys with really big ones. I was thinking about girth more than length. I don't think length is ever a problem since most condoms can unroll longer than most anyone needs, but if your penis is wider than usual, maybe you need a little more wiggle room so to speak.

Or maybe something about your body chemistry destroys latex on contact. If you're sure she's faithful, and so are you, and she's on the pill, then (I would) go bareback. Just be Careful Drewski.:p

13. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

There are a few things you can examine to see if they would help you.

1) Look at the type of lubricant you are using. Most condoms require a water based lubricant like KY and if you are using a silicone based lubricant like Astroglide it maybe breaking down the condom which is causing some of the problems. Now if you are not using lubricant then it maybe a part of your issue.

2) Are you allegeric to laxtex? If so, are you using latex based condoms? I am allergic to latex and when I have used latex condoms I have experience pain and bleeding.

3) How are you storing the condoms? Are you calling them in your wallet or close to your body? Body temperature will break-down a condom it might be better to buy the condom at the pharmacy and keep it in the bag then to put it into your wallet.

4) Examine how you are placing it on you and when you are putting it on you. It takes a while to get how to use a condom correctly and to find a type that works for you.

5) Are you rushing to have sex or are you getting your girlfriend properly aroused? A part of the issue may lie in the fact you are not getting her properly aroused and rushing to have sex.

14. emsemtb

emsemtb New Member

Please pay special attention to this. There are varying degrees of a latex allergy, all from slight irritation to send you into anaphylaxis, although anaphylaxis is rare but not unheard of. If you are in fear this may be a problem, your best bet is to see your personal heathcare provider, or Doctor, and have an allergy battery run. But at far as the sizing issue, I have had that issue before. Everytime I put on a condom that was of the "average" size, I would lose my erection. So one day my girlfriend went out and bought some Trojan Magnums, they fit much better. There were not that tight almost choking feeling, but more of a snug fit. Remember, never tight, always snug. The differance is that in tight, it is uncomfortable and not going anywhere, and snug is just tight enough to where it is not uncomfortable, but still not going anywhere as easy.