Yet another shaving question.

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Whointhewhatnow, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whointhewhatnow

Whointhewhatnow New Member

But instead of why, how, or oh-god-why-does-it-itch, I have a question about the cutting tools. Whats best to use? Razors (reg), safety razors, electric, or creams (nair types).

I myself was thinking about the electric (something like a $45 norelco) for facial and areas above and to the sides of the sahft (do those triple blade thingys get scrotum hair?). Ive heard of women using it to shave their legs so I would guess using it a little higher wouldnt hurt, which brings me to another question. Has anyone used a higher end electric razor down there and get any pulling? And finally, what are safety razors anyhow?

Up to this point I've shaved some parts down there and cant say I like the feeling of razor burn (I shaved in the shower, added hair conditioner as subtitute for shaving creme since I didnt have anything else on hand). Thus my thinking of an electric.

Opinions?

:bdance
    ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

2. bobcat

bobcat New Member

ok, electric rasors should never be used on your pubic region. The main reason, is that this is not good for the rasor (especially the expensive ones). This will only blunten the rasor faster. A trimmer will probably work, but they wont get in close for a smooth finish. I have an electric shaver (for my face), and would never dream of using it "down there".

I've no idea about taking a triple blade to your nuts. You may find that it works, or you may find that it cuts, as there really is not many flat planes on your scrotom, and you may find the large horizontal length of the rasor, and the looseness of the skin prooves to be quite devistating.

As for your rasor burn, if you only shave every second day (or 3rd if you have slow growth), you will find that your skin will soon become conditioned to shaving. I have been shaving for a long time now, and can just wizz ovre everything in the shower in no time at all.

Lastly a safety rasor is pretty much a normal rasor (be it twin blade or tripple), like the mach 3, shick FX and wilson sword. The normal rasors are the old style, barber ones, that they show in horror movies. I have never used one.

3. JBay

JBay New Member

i recently began shaving there too (since joining and reading the topics) and my mach 3 reg razor thinger does the job. it itched like hell the 1st time though :D but now, like bobcat said (which is my brother's nickname... but whatever :p lol) the irratation goes away and your skin'll get used to it. (and the razor thing does work on the scrotom, just be reeeaaaalllly careful and go very slowly, lol!

4. Whointhewhatnow

"ok, electric rasors should never be used on your pubic region." Well one of the most loved pubic shaving devices seems to be electric. The seiko cleancut is about $59, uses 1 small battery (I think), and shaves really close. At least thats what people have been saying on other forums. It uses a rotary (triple) blade as well which seems to be the same thing norelco shavers use (besides the missing 'lift up then cut technology').

5. bobcat

bobcat New Member

is this an expencive shaver, designed for your face though?

6. Whointhewhatnow

If your talking about the seiko cleancut, then no, it is sold as a 'sensitive area' shaver (but it is exspensive). The only place you can find it is on internet sex toy shops. The norelco is for the face, but imo I really dont see much of a diff in the cutting mechanisms cept that the cleancut it a bit curved outward. Also, some othere people on other forums have tried electric razors and had loved them. The only thing was they used foil razors, not rotary, they have no idea how well a rotary will work.

7. bobcat

bobcat New Member

yes, fair enough.

But that's what I had mentioned before, don't take your beloved facial shaver to your nuts, as it will destroy it.

Obviously you can use a shaver down there, if it is intended for that use.

With those guys who use an electric down there, doesnt that really pinch on the sack?

has anyone seen those shavers for women, that even shave shapes into thier pubes?

8. Whointhewhatnow

Ok, I finally got a norelco and tried it doen there.

Close shave: yes, but not as close as a razor and some REALLY small stubble didnt want to get picked up easily.

pulling: It only pulls on hairs that are too long, the built in trimmer should take care of those though. Even when it did pull it did'nt hurt anywhere as much as some people make it out to be (big babies)

irritation:Yes, but since its the first time Im not thinking much of it. The feeling is that of light itching of which the likes remind me of what you get if you were to leave a massager on you for too long.

Cut the sack: Nope, felt really wierd though, I ran the trimmer over it once (nipped some skin but no accual cuts). I also cut mostly the sides, down the center there are still somes hairs because I wasnt brave enough to go over it yet . Ill talk about this one in a later update.

Should you get it: It all depends. If youve already been using a razor for a while, keep at it. If you want to try something different and have some cash to burn, I say at least try it (most have COMPANY garauntee plans so you can return it straight to them if your local store wont take it back after a certain time). I guess its just another cutting device your skin will have to get to, so first times should be a bit annoying.

NOTE: My irritated skin MIGHT be because I didnt charge it the recommended FULL 12 hours, I left it more like 7 (I couldnt wait) and NORMAL recharge time is 8 hours I think. So I guess Ill update after 2-3 more shaves. ALSO, norelco says that sometimes it can take up to 21 days of use to fully get used to it. Those are just some things to keep in mind.

Any questions?

9. Woot

As far as the razor burn (or those "bumps" afterwards) go my gf used to use something called Bikini Zone and she never got those bumps or any redness.

10. Locomotive

Locomotive New Member

2 years ago I began shaving my shaft, balls, pubic, anus. The feeling is fantastic but for just 2 days. More than an year I had to shave everyday. I tried several chemistries - epilating creams, foams etc. but the difference was very slight. Then I decided to completely remove the hairs. I bought an electric epilator "BRAUN EpiLay". Waited untill hairs get grown about 5-6 mm and removed them. The first time it hurted a little but far not as I expected. I didn't succeed to remove all hairs at once. 4-5 days after first session several new hairs grew up but removing them was much easier. After 3 or 4 times the hairs stopped growing. Now I have velvet smooth penis, balls and pubic with no pain and itching which makes sex with my girl and masturbation much more pleasant. Sometimes - once in 3-4 months I use the epilator to remove 5-6 new grown hairs and that's it! It's very important after epilation to apply cream (babycream or babyoil is the best) and NOT aftershave!

11. bobcat

bobcat New Member

Are you a naturally hair fellow? OR do you have only light body hair? Sounds pretty promising though, I am surprised it wan't painfull as hell though....lol

12. Locomotive

Locomotive New Member

I'm normally haired like most white people. Please believe me - removing hairs using good machine isn't painful. The secret is that the electric epilators with their rotary tweezers remove no more than 3-4 hairs at a time and do it quickly so nerves don't have time to react. This method is completely different from using wax remover which tries to pull out part of your body at once. The only important condition is the hairs shouldn't be longer than 6 - 7 mm, so it is advisable first to trim the whole area and then let hairs grow to that length. When you start removing hairs hold the epilator so the tweezers rotate in the same direction as hairs grow from the skin and stretch the skin locally to flatten any folds. After you finish apply cream - babycream or babyoil is OK - and NEVER use aftershave lotions. Don't try to remove all the hairs at once. Repeat after 2-3 days, and if necessary once again until even the very small hairs disappear. Don't be afraid, it wouldn't hurt - think how you feel couple of days after shaving. Believe me!

13. wapstar

wapstar New Member

look for a seiko cleancut (or feather touch)
    works great

14. Locomotive

Locomotive New Member

The actual model I use is 'BRAUN SilkEpil 340", made in Germany. This is not a razor, nor shaver. It doesn't cut the hairs but removes them with germs so once removed the same hair will never grow again. Small and thin "new-born" hairs appear after about 10 days but not as many as the initial ones. After several sessions they will disappear almost forever. My genitals, pubic area and the "back yard" are completely bald for more than an year (I used to shave before) and now I switch the epilator on once in 2 months just to remove 5 to 10 new hairs. There are much better machines but very expensive. Also there are better methods which dehair for life (like photo epilation) but most beuticians refuse to do genital dehairing on men (wondering why? - it's business). Anyway, I found out my way to do it and I'm hapy.

15. wapstar

wapstar New Member

16. ShagBabyYeah

ShagBabyYeah New Member

I use the same Gillette Sensor razor on my stuff that I use on my face. It takes skill to eradicate the hairs on your nutsack properly but the whole process can be done in the shower in a flash.

Locomotive has me thinking about epilation, though. no more stubble? All I can say is Yeah Baby...Yeah!

17. Lockedguy

Lockedguy New Member

Re: Shaving Pubes

Both my wife and I have been hair free for 9 years and up until last year she used to shave every day in the shower. Last year I made her an appointment with a Dr. that does laser hair removal. It took about six visits and occasionally she will still get some hairs that missed the cycles so she will probably go one more time. We have spent about $1800.00 so far but it is well worth the expense. I have not gone to this exterme yet but I may. My wife is into CBT and loves to tease me and keeps me locked in a stainless steel chastity tube that is held on with a piercing 24/7. Sometimes when the hair grows it gets pulled by the CB. I may opt for laser next year!!!

18. Locomotive

Locomotive New Member

Laser hair removal technology works perfect but is too much expensive. As my girlfriend and I earn about $500.00 a month total we definitely can't aford it. That's why we remove our hairs at home with epilator. We don't have shaving problems and we manage to maintain our genitals as smooth as silk.

19. wusyk

wusyk New Member

I just got my vasectomy not long ago and in the kit i received a Wilkinson Sword Disposable Hospital Razor which allowed me to shave smooth (firs time ever) with out any nicks or cuts or razor burn. This thing was amazing at first I was scared but after using it I had no problems shaving and not worry about cutting myself. This is a dry razor. I have been trying to locate this razor and no luck. I found it on the web but only sold in 100 in a pack for hospitals. Does anyone know where I can find these razors, either in a store in Ottawa, Canada or somewhere on line but not 100 at a time.

Just do a search in g**gle and you will find the site.

Thank you for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.