Yes, I have gone and done it. This is a losing weight thread!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Untamed, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

LMAO. Well actually this isn't a laughing matter!

I know this is a "Sexual Forum" but for me I think this issue has a lot to do with my sex life.

I want to lose 50 lbs approximately 23 kgs. This would get me to an "appropriate weight" for my height. Reason being because I myself don't feel sexy when it comes to "let's get naked" time. I prefer lights off and my partner doesn't.. I think if I achieved this that our sex life could be brilliant.

I know how to do it (as last year I lost 40 lbs on a 12 week challenge only to gain back half) it's just the lack of motivation keeping me from doing it

Do any of you have any motivational tips that may have helped you in the past? or techniques that will prevent failure? or tips to prevent me from going backwards after I have achieved my goal?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Much Love

-Candy

#1 Untamed, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  2. Beach

Beach New Member

still sleeping here Candy so I'll make it short for now...lol
    was your challenge you mentioned, bill Phillips body for life ?
    back to my zzzzzz's lol

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

It was at a local gym. Very hard w/ 43 people

4. luckyduck

luckyduck New Member

It's hard to get motivated in the winter time, but for me I actually enjoy running. I get a runner's high around 2 miles and I usually run between 3 and 5 miles. The challenge is changing your lifestyle. My wife likes to snack. She will swear she hasn't eaten anything all day, but I just watched her eat some chips, a granola bar, etc... For her to lose weight she has to get back some self control and stop grabbing for snacks. Allow yourself a "cheat day". You can eat and drink anything you like one day a week. The other days you have to count calories and keep them under 2000 a day. I know you were looking for motivation, but I noticed you lost 40 lbs. last year and put 20 back on. Just pick a diet and stick with it. Once you reach your goal weigh yourself twice a week. Then you can make minor adjustments instead of waiting a year and making major ones. Good luck.

5. betyoucantwait

betyoucantwait New Member

i find i get a better workout at the gym when i go with my friend so if you can try not doing it alone

6. Beach

Beach New Member

*removed by request*

#6 Beach, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
  7. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I know my Ex did the Body for Life program and it worked well for him.

I might check it out.

**Well I think that I need to get down and start working out because I feel like crap!

8. Beach

Beach New Member

you have no idea... same here. I want to start back to running, but I feel too ughh to begin..

9. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

That's what I am finding hard .. getting motivated to start and keep at it!

10. Ready2Please

Gold Member

Mix up your workouts. Don't do the same thing everyday I even get bored with that sometimes. I work for a fitness club and when I workout I will go outside and run in the rain or play basketball in the rain.

We also have a swimming pool so I will swim when it is raining. That way I am not always stuck inside doing the same routine.

If your gym has other means of ways to exercise take advantage of those. Trust me it helps. Just remember working out also gets you horny!! At least it does to me. ;)

11. little_mrs

little_mrs New Member

There is a book I bought. It is called the flat belly diet....lol.. I know it sounds silly like something that would not work but it has so much helpful info. My second son is 4 months old and I have lost all my "baby weight"... not to where I was before I had our first son but its a start... using this book to help me... I have lost 20lbs in 7 weeks.
    You just have to stick to it. I have been working out too but even the days I am not able to go I just do all the other things I know that help and its been going well.
    I have always been little ( before kids 110-115lbs ) I dont want to be that small again but my goal is 120lbs. After reading this book I feel like I understand a lot more about eating well... and so on...
    Sorry for the ramble and good luck =)

12. Michellesoldman

Michellesoldman New Member

Well my best advice is some that I got in college a while back:

My instructor was telling us that he stayed motivated in college by putting up Post-it notes on his bathroom mirror. For instance one might say..." If you want to be making good money at the end of this, you better study for that history test." They served as motivators as well as reminders.

So in your case, it might be something like......"You wanna get bigger, or smaller? Stay Motivated!"

My example is probably a bit silly, but that was the best advice I ever received about staying motivated.

13. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Well I play netball and soccer they're great but right now it is off season for soccer.

I played netball this morning that was a hardcore workout and I am aching. I walk regularly but otherwise am pretty inactive.. So I think when I get to the States I'll start playing some Kinect on the Xbox 360 should get me fit :)

14. Beach

Beach New Member

funny, I just bought a 360 with Kinect last night. I may get one of those fitness games for the Heck of it.

15. CruelTease

Gold Member

I love classes for a little variety. My gym has up to 10 classes per day, keeps me motivated.

16. loveit247

Gold Member

Sweetheart! You are singing my song. I need to loose 20kgs and the getting motivated part is what sucks!!

17. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

*hugs* nice to know someone feels the same! I am going to give it a shot to lose 20 kgs by Valentines :)

18. loveit247

Gold Member

I just bought a skipping rope. I plan to jump it about 3 to 4 times a day for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. Hopefully that will do some work

19. HardRocker

Gold Member

That's awfully tough on the knees and hips if you are 20 kg overweight. Aren't there some lower impact exercises that burn the same calories?

20. Barbwire

Gold Member

[EVIL]This thread is useless without video.[/EVIL]