X-Factor!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Maverick, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Maverick

Maverick Member

Holy shit. I just have to say this show is far and above better then any other talent show.

Point in case?? Here's a guy named Chris Rene singing his own song, Little Homie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5aBEybB_s8

If you can watch that video without getting some goosebumps, you don't have a heart or ear for talent.

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

I just watched the video you posted on facebook and cried. Yeah, he's got talent and I hope that he goes VERY far.

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

aww I didn't get goosebumps. Must be too warm. Great talent though :)

4. igor

Gold Member

Doesn't do a damned thing for me. Just another mild rap thingy. Not much talent there at all.

5. shortylikesitrough

shortylikesitrough New Member

I loved him so much. I'm so excited for him.

6. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I hope Melanie Amaro wins :) watched it the other night and out of all the contestants that night she was the ONLY one with the X Factor

7. Essene

Gold Member

I don't get it.... Is it touching because he stopped drinking?

8. shortylikesitrough

shortylikesitrough New Member

I think it's touching because not many people turn their life around after having the kind of life he's had. And to overcome something so powerful, is amazing. It wasn't just drinking, he did drugs as well.

9. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Ugh god am I the only one throwing up over ANOTHER talent (singing) show. It has Simon and Paula, it's old school American idol, version 2. Yeah people have sappy stories, but it all gets old after a while. I guess I just don't have the sympathy any more. I'm tired of hearing of the same exact shows with different names. Meanwhile these shows pussify Americans without even knowing it. Now that these shows put alittle emotion inside, people are trying to say that the NFL is too violent. It puts me in rage! What is this country becoming?

10. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Dude I know what you mean.. when I am watching all these shows .. I am continuously saying out loud "really?" "serious???" "another sad story??"

Can't they focus on the talent/singing rather than win votes by having a sad story.

<< heartless sometimes.. but it's seriously overrated

11. Maverick

Maverick Member

Well geez. If ya don't like it, don't post here and don't watch it, and if you want to bitch about it, there's a bitch thread a million posts long.

12. Essene

Gold Member

He's an awkwardly talented bloke for sure. However, complaining about this song or the show, since the name of the title is the name of the show, should well be within the parameters of discussion without going off topic. If I completely hated the song, thought the lad looked funny, and liked the stage and how it was shaped- all would be viable points of interest and discussion. Your op formed the structure of the discussion, but left the direct point of interest rather ambiguous. Ergo, it would be like a road having many available paths to veer off an assumed path- without guard railing.

The reason why I don't get it is because there are quite a few reformed and rehabilitated gents and lasses out there who have done the same and have recovered with or without help. Hell, there are people who never experienced drug addiction who deserve accolades. Or, what about the people who tried drugs, and could have very well became addicted, but never let it go that far? Alas, no one wants to hear a song about someone who almost became a junkie or someone who never touched drugs.

The only two things, thus far, that make this lad special is that he sings about turning his life around coupled with people adoring him. However, while I'll give him no such over-dramatized accolades, I can definitely see where they would generate from, from other people.

13. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Well, I was just giving my opinion. Its like all of these cooking shows now, its getting old. They dont have to kill it by having 30 different shows of the same thing.

This is why I hate the radio. A song might sound tight the first day, but after the third day and hearing the song 4928 times, its like stfu already.