Would You?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by sexynzgirl, Dec 22, 2005.

1. sexynzgirl

sexynzgirl New Member

This is a question for the men, if you fell in love with a woman and you found out that she used to be a prostitute, would you still want to be with her?

2. deeperlover1978

deeperlover1978 New Member

it really depends, if felt she in love with me as much as i am to her then yes only because it was in her past before she met me. But it really depends on the situation of the relationship and had to be real love, not a crush or infactuation.

3. Thorn

Gold Member

I agree Deeplover. It would matter a little bit how I found out about her past. It would be better if she told me, thinking I might someday find out through the grapevine and be upset. Say we having drinks in a bar and the guy next to me says, "Dude, your ladyfrind is a hooker." :yell

4. bobcat

bobcat New Member

What is your motivation for asking?

But if she used to be a hooker before going out with me, I would not have a problem with her not saying anything about it (providing there are no direct risks to me). And well love is blind, so if I was head over heals, I probably would still go out with her.

If she was still hooking, she would find herself in dumpsville.

5. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

It wouldn't bother me IF it could remain a secret between the two of us. If, on the other hand, she had been hooking in the small town in which I live, probably not.

6. Brad

Brad New Member

Hi Sexynzgirl

Two key things in your original posting "She used to be" and "fell in love with", would mean that I definitely would want to stay with her.

We all have some things in our past that we might not be proud of. Folks shouldn't simply be punished because of that.

7. benzion72

benzion72 New Member

i will check her for hiv and aids and with a promise never to go back i will furge a head with her

8. Brad

Brad New Member

Sensible post about testing for STD's.

But that could apply to many relationships whereby multiple previous partners have been involved, and definitely not confined to prostitutes.

As folks will gather from my threads on this topic, although I've never paid for sex, I have a lot of respect for those that might earn their living from doing that. Not a job I would envy.

9. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I think that it would be an interesting situation. Provided she was honest and up-front about it, I would be fine with it. The disease issue would be a deciding factor for me, honestly. But if you really love her, and she's trying to move out of that patern. Go for it.

It would make for an interesting social experiment to take a young girl off the streetcorner and offer to pay for her to go to college. It would be interesting to see if said individual would drop out and slip back into a destructive lifestyle or maximize her potential. Damn, this is what I get for thinking like an Econ major :-\

10. Kai

Kai New Member

if she was a clean legal hooker maybe, but prob not

11. cindyxdresser

cindyxdresser New Member

prostitute

definatly,i am a crossdresser and have had fanticies of being dressed like a whore and put to work as a prostitute.If i found out my girlfriend was once one it would be great.Since they have seen and done so much it wouldnt be hard for her to accept my fem ways and might be willing to help me see what it is like by putting me in a skirt and heels and out to work

12. Miki

Miki Banned

:uhh: This is for men only, isn't it?

:( I'm not wanted here...

13. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

So whether you love and commit to a woman depends on her past sexual history?

14. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Apparently

15. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

I noticed this thread and just decided to respectfully submit my opinion. I've been pleasantly surprised with the ethics and morals of many of the folks posting here. As for the question, if the FORMER (no longer in business, never to go into business again) prostitute was in love with me and I with her and we agreed to be faithful to each other, her past would not be an issue. I've heard of people who used to be prostitutes having happy lives with spouses as long as they never go back into "the business".

16. Dvusdouglas

Dvusdouglas New Member

We all have a few skeletons in our closets.......As long as you love her, Does is matter what she has done; or who she has done.................

Love is more important than the past, when someone loves you; all wounds can be healed.....Past traumas can lessen their hold on you.....And the beauty within can shine brightly....

Dvus

17. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Dvus...were you drinkin' already? This isn't the "Love means...." thread. Sheesh.

(And you KNOW I'm ribbin' ya. )

18. Dvusdouglas

Dvusdouglas New Member

I know.....But what does our past really mean......a series of events is all it is.......If we were judged my that only......I ,and alot of others; would be up shit's creek.

19. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Including me, my dear. Including me.

20. jcb0624

jcb0624 New Member

I have found in my own journey through life that we give very little credit and even any depth of opportunity with peoples lives being transformed in any significant manner. We look at the alcoholic and say, once an alcoholic, always one, once a drug addict always, one so on and so forth. What about the fact that each of us has been created and given birth to as perfect creations. This is something that we often forget about ourselves and it most definitely is something that we forget about others. People matter and every person is significant. If we based significance and value upon what we have done or are doing, none of us would ever stand a chance of being important. However, importance and value is not based upon what we have done, what we have accomplished, what we do, how smart we are or even in this conversation value isn't based upon whether your girlfriend? was a hooker. She is still a beautiful and incredible person end of sentence. However, I will say this, there needs to be some level of professional intervention to help work through the why's. Let me finish by saying this, I believe the focus should not be upon whether she was a "Hooker" who sold herself for sex, but the focus should be upon each of you seeking to be authentically who you truly need to be.