would this bother anyone else?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by mrbrightside, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbrightside

mrbrightside New Member

in my girlfriend's previous relationship, she had a bit of a pregnancy scare because it seems she wasn't playing 'safe'. i realize the std implications that arise from this, but that's not what this question is about.

she and i are now getting ready to enter the sexual phase of the relationship, and i plan on taking the 'safer' approach and using protection, etc. but i'm a bit bothered because the whole 'no condom and coming inside of her' thing is a very intimate thing, and one that she and i won't be sharing. does that make sense?

i realize the physical benefits of the 'safe' approach, it just seems like something that i'm getting hung up on psychologically. i start wondering if she was used to 'that way of doing things' in the past relationship, and if so, if it is something that she might somehow miss.

thoughts?

2. LuvTaGiveBJs

LuvTaGiveBJs New Member

---
    ALWAYS err on the side of safety. There is no more important consideration. When you have amonogamous realtionship etc. things might change. But if you want to stay clear of stds and pregnancies, safetly is the rule.

3. tina

tina New Member

if your only worry is pregnancy then maybe you two should discuss birth control options... but remember it is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to stds - it's not only for your protection but for hers too you know...

and about intimacy - there's more to it than just coming inside her.

how long have you been together???

4. mrbrightside

mrbrightside New Member

a bit over four months technically, though in the beginning we weren't able to spend any sort of significant time with each other.

and for what it's worth and since you mentioned her protection, i haven't been with anyone since before the last time i was tested for all those lovely diseases, so i'm currently operating 'free and clear' -- thankfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.