[Ask a Girl] Wot is romance about?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by SpiderSnake, Jan 22, 2011.

1. SpiderSnake

SpiderSnake New Member

Im an ordinary blokey-bloke, is my head cross-wired because I dont understand much about romance? Like, wot is it exactly?
    & fellas, do any guys out there have any ideas about romance? Gay, straight or in between (greedy lol), is it possible 2 learn romance?

2. nurseharley

Gold Member

you gotta be in looooove. i think what happens with most guys is they overthink romance and being romantic WAY too much.

the most simple thing can be romantic. leaving a little note for your wife/gf just to say you love her or how special she is to you, buying a little gift when she least expects it, some may say even something so small like opening a door for her or pulling out a chair is romantic (and not done enough!).

there are other things like giving her a massage, running a nice bath for her when she gets home, maybe even cooking her favorite foods. what all of these things have in common is the fact that you're making her feel wanted, loved, and cared for.

i'm sure there's plenty more that i'm not thinking of but that's at least what i think romance is. going 'out of your way' to do something sweet just for her and not because you want something in return.

3. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

This is romance...take her to a chick flick, even if you don't want to see it.

4. Trond

Gold Member

Wait a minute. Are you saying that you don't understand how to be romantic around a partner, or that you never have had romantic feelings at all?

5. sinner

sinner New Member

Putting her wants, needs and desires ahead of yours is romance. Genuine romance is when your wants needs and desires overlap. Sometimes just being together watching a beautiful sunset is the most romantic thing you can do. With true love this becomes very easy. It is also unconditional. Maybe you get mad but even when you are mad the other person is of utmost importance. You can't stay mad. That's why makeup sex can be very romantic.

The answes here are helpful because they give insight into what women want. So the MOST romantic thing that you can do is to LISTEN. That is what we all need AND it is the only way to find out what your SO sees as romantic

6. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Sinner has hit it directly on the head here....listen fellas....:D

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

One thing Sinner missed is the communication, which is where many men fail miserably. It can be a wonderfully romantic moment, but you still need the communication, and most of that will be non-verbal (the romantic sunset coupled with holding her hand, or embracing gently while the sun slips beneath the horizon). Men often understand romance, but their wives never realise it.

Basically, if you don't understand romance, then you don't understand the opposite sex.