Worse Date v. Yours?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Essene, May 22, 2014.

1. Essene

Gold Member

Went out with a boring girl. She was interesting on MySpace. We agreed to see a movie together. I get there and she had three friends with her expecting me to pay for them. What kind of MW shit is this?

I paid for myself and that was it. During the movie she kept asking me to get her food. I got her a small popcorn bag. I wasn't about to buy her friends over priced food. I tried getting a little fresh. She didn't stop me, but she didn't reciprocate. I eased back into my seat and finished the movie. Eventually she'd ask for this or that food item, but I ignored her.

Afterwards we went to Red Lobster. Her friends talked loudly about wanting various items to eat. They didn't have enough money to eat after the movie. Awesome. One of them asked if I was just going to let them starve. Another told me to be a gentleman. I excused myself to the restroom after ordering my beverage. When I got back I tried to rile up a decent discussion with my date, but she wasn't very interested. I ordered the surf and turf platter. The girls went crazy over the biscuits and ordered about two more orders after the first. When my food arrived they seriously took forks and started taking some of my mashed taters. That was it. I told them to stop. My date snickered. I had, had enough. I stood up with my plate in my hand. I remember the edges being hot, but I didn't care. I explained, calmly, the purpose of a date. It wasn't a social gathering of her peers. That wasn't what we agreed on. I told them that they have all been rude since before the movie. Tampering with someone's food is beyond rude. I mentioned something about decorum and how insufferable the experience had been. I doubt they understood me. I took my food to the counter and asked to have a box and the check. They worriedly asked me a bunch of questions about the food. I reassured them that I hadn't eaten any but that I'm sure it will be good later as I've ordered it before. They check my seat and get the server who was serving us. I'm asked if it will be together or separate. I pay for mine alone and leave a very generous tip for the server. After all, she had to deal with them too. I left.

About an hour later I called the business and asked for the server by name. I told her who I was. I told her she did a very good job. She sounded worried at first but told me thank you many times after that. I was about to end the conversation, but she told me that my guests asked how much of a tip I left. She told them. My date asked if she could use some of what I left to pay for her food. I was aghast. She didn't do it, but the sheer gall.

My date texted me a couple times telling me that, that is why she doesn't date N-words. We have no class and we're too cheap. I ignored her. She told me that her brothers and friends will be out for me if I ever set foot in "their town" again.

I responded with an earful. And deleted her number. She continued to text me for about a month. Half way through that month she changed her tune and wanted to meet up again. She had an amazing body, but fuck that noise. Could've been a trap or worse I'd have to see her again.

2. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Should have been a clue when the friends tagged along after the initial meeting that these gals were on the gold dig and nothing would become of it, other than your wallet being lighter. I'd had "gone to the bathroom" and slipped away while still at the movies. It's one thing to spring for the person you are supposed to be on a date with, but not her pack of sistas. You were wise to never look back. After what you said, I'm pretty sure it would have ended up being a "set up".

xx

3. Essene

Gold Member

I thought of doing that, but the correspondence she and I had led me to believe she was a decent person. She still might be. I don't fully know what was happening in her life at the time.

She's a police officer now. I hope I never get stopped by her. Or maybe I hope I do..........

HotForHoney likes this.