worried of...

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by anonomous_2007, Jul 23, 2007.

1. anonomous_2007

anonomous_2007 New Member

ok im worried. This has been my second time having sex, well, this wasnt quite just the full session but it was ok.

We didnt use protection (she didnt want to) and well, she went "all the way" if you get what I mean.

Now, she took the pill after 24 hours (took it today, about 25 hours after we had it). I was scared and worried she wouldnt as well, I dont want to go there. Anyway, she took it before she saw me today.

I'm worried about me however, I hope I havent "caught" anything. She said (and I do believe her) that she doesnt have anything that is "spread". And she hasnt slept with anyone but with maybe 2/3 people in all her life (she is 25). She doesnt sleep around, and does have kids to 1 man (2 kids)

I dont feel different at all, no irritation or anything of the sort but still, concerned. I have just registered today with a GP but wont take until a week before I am on their systems and all that.

Is there any test I could do or some symptoms you could tell me if I have "caught" anything? I'm just worried thats all.

Thanks for your kindness!

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Nothing but time, my friend.

3. anonomous_2007

what do you mean?

4. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

You can have sex today and there is absolutely NO WAY that you will know tomorrow if a) you've caught or transmitted anything and b) she is pregnant. BOTH take time. There is an incubation period for any disease or virus, so there will be no immediate symptoms. The absence of symptoms is considered a good thing, and you keep track of the absence of symptoms from here on out. As long as the absence continues, you breath a sigh of relief, and think about these things BEFORE you engage in unprotected sex next time. As for the risk of her being pregnant, it's 50/50 dear, and you have to wait on this one too. Even people who WANT to get pregnant, who TRY to get pregnant, who are paying thousands of dollars just TO get pregnant cannot find out within 24 hours if they are pregnant. It's God's big test and lesson in patience.

5. Saz

Saz New Member

Some STI's can lay dormant for a long time. Gonnorea (however it's spelled) can stay inactive for up to 20 years.

Go get checked.

6. anonomous_2007

thanks, i appreciate it. She took the pill, she will be fine I hope but we agreed that we obviously dont want kids plus we are "new" and going into that decision isnt great at all. No doubt lesson learnt but hope that nothing awful happens. I dont understand how you could get it checked if you say it can take time for it to show up?

so there is no way for me to check at all? After how long should I? What are the effects/symptoms?

7. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

You should be checked every three or six months if you are having sex with different partners or with someone who has more than one partner. The doctor can do a couple of tests, but most will agree that as long as you don't have any new symptoms or issues, to get checked every three to six months, just as a precautionary measure.

8. anonomous_2007

sure.
    well she hasnt slept with anyone in the last year, nor does she sleep around. i dont sleep around either and have had sex in the last 3 years, really. She is my second.

I dont know why I feel I need to know - I guess its normal? Perhaps with the fear of the fact that its my second time? I dont know. I just feel odd/uncomfortable without knowing but I'm hoping I am ok. I dont feel any different or anything at all.
    she also said she doesnt have anything.

9. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Honey, I know someone with an STD. Oftentimes, it goes unnoticed until there is some sort of sore or pain. Most incubation periods, that I know of, are 10-12 days. That goes for sexually transmitted diseases as well as other illnesses.

10. anonomous_2007

thank-you for your help :) i appreciate it.
    another 2 weeks of waiting....ouch

11. Clark

Clark Member

Dude, I don't want to be condescending, but I don't know of another way to say this, so I'm just gonna say it. I apologize in advance.

If you're not mature enough to protect yourself (and her) from unwanted pregnancy and potential disease, you shouldn't be having sex.

Again - I know it sounds harsh, and I don't mean for it to be (it doesn't sound as harsh when I say it aloud). Sorry.

12. anonomous_2007

i know what you mean. it just happened. Anyway she doesnt want to get pregnant and doesnt want any more kids. Thats fine, im just concerned about me at the moment.

13. nitecap

nitecap New Member

The answer is condoms.

14. anonomous_2007

i think its kind of going off topic here. please re-read the concern and what can be done now for diagnoses

15. ShelbyStang

ShelbyStang New Member

Gotta prtoect yourself, get checked often if you dont!

16. PEN15

PEN15 New Member

jus wait a couple of weeks and go back to ur doctor and have them check you out. and don't be misguided about the myth that if she had sex with one person that she must be clean, unfortunately i know someone who contracted HIV and it was her first time having sex. best thing to do is to use protection no matter what. IT JUST SAFER.

17. anonomous_2007

i agree and will use protection if i decide to have sex again.
    I will make an appt with the doctor next week when im registered. in the mean time I emailed a private clinic and they said that i should get it checked (for an STD, within 28 hours of having contact and for hiv within a min of 28 days, and that is uncommon).

i feel fine but just worried.

18. keyboardsrcool

keyboardsrcool New Member

around me there is a sex clinic where u can get tested. be warned it is painfull tho, they stick a long q-tip down ur manhood to get a culture of ne bateria. if u r that worried i suggest u go and get swabbed

19. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I don't know for sure (been monogomous for 30 years) but I've heard that if you have concerns about a partner, you need to be tested 3 months after sex, and then at 6 months. This only applies, if you and your partner are completely monogomous during that time. After this time lapse, you are free and clear to have naked sex (as far as STI's are involved).

There is no 'quick' testing for this problem. As Mel said, it must follow some timeframe, before testing is accurate.

20. ~emm~

~emm~ New Member

i really dont get why people nowadays use no protection with new partners. c'mon... if you do it then you do it, your fault, your mistake, your risks.

if you're going to worry about it the next day then don't bother or use protection :S and if she didn't want to and u didn't want to catch anything then you shouldn't really of done it.

i don't know how much you know her but second time, cant be long. not having a pop at you hun but just don't get why people do somthing then worry