Working out increases the sex drive

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Vanja, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Vanja

Vanja New Member

Every time I start working out on a regular basis, after awhile of "hibernation", my sex drive seems to go way up. Just got out of a hot-yoga class (trying to get the school fat off these days :ugh), there is absolutely nothing dry on me right now....

Has anyone else noticed how working out regularly "does things" to their libido? :p

2. VenusIsTheGoddess

VenusIsTheGoddess New Member

I have noticed this as well! I definitely notice a big difference to my libido after a workout. Glad I'm not the only one, haha! By the way, I'm sure you don't need to worry about that school fat. :)

#2 VenusIsTheGoddess, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  3. Ready2Please

Gold Member

I don't have to workout to have a "high" libido. It already is high.... loll

I work for a fitness club and when I'm working out all I want to do is have sex! I'm extremely horny.

4. VenusIsTheGoddess

I'm with you there sister! Haha! :lol

5. Ready2Please

Gold Member

My friends think I am weird. Oh well.... I can't help myself!

6. VenusIsTheGoddess

Keep helping yourself! Don't stop. :D

7. Ready2Please

Gold Member

Hell no I am not stopping. They are just going to have to love me and my kinky side. :D

8. Meee

Gold Member

Actually, working out distracts me from my horniness for a little while. But in general, exercise and fresh air and feeling physically fit increase my sex drive I think.

9. Michellesoldman

Michellesoldman New Member

I'm no doctor, but there is a definite chemical connection between exercise and testosterone release and a side effect of testosterone that we're all familiar with is higher libido.

So yeah, for most people, regular exercise is most definitely an aphrodisiac.

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

Anything that enhances your respiration/circulation is good for the sex drive.

11. SteveWaste

SteveWaste New Member

I definitely have a noticeable spike in sexual energy after I workout. Also, my Lady really likes coming and watching me teach my classes (of which my "workout" consists) and says that it turns her on to watch me sparring, flipping, kicking, and joint locking. So really, me working out kind of does it for the both of us.

I'm a big advocate of exercise for sex drive for a number of reasons. It really is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

~Steve

12. cbrmale

Gold Member

Working out is the most important thing you can do for yourself. There is a major avoidable epidemic called type2 diabetes. Diabetes typically affects those who are overweight, but even if overweight it can be kept at bay by regular strong exercise. So exercise is the key to this condition, and many others.

As far as sex goes, I never feel so horny as when I do my workout in the swimming pool. After a couple of kilometres, I'm ready to ravish my wife. Fortunately she knows me, and she's well-prepared when I get home from the pool.

13. htoad

htoad Active Member

This is definitely true. Both my wife and I try to work out regularly, and it makes a big difference in both frequency and stamina. In the past, my wife had gained enough weight where she developed type 2 diabetes. She was still interested in sex (and the weight didn't bother me as much of it went to places on her I liked to play with :)), was not active and had no stamina. She began working out and watching her food, and over time she lost 60-70 pounds and her stamina came roaring back. She no longer has type 2 diabetes.

No that we are both 50, we are seeing how keeping physically active is making a BIG difference in our regular and sexual lives. Personally I think is a factor in my ease in getting erections and not needing any pills. Being overweight, or out of shape, in your 20's is a lot different than being overweight in your mid 40's and 50's. Working out does not need to be intense - the key is being regular and consistent.

14. Ifsizematters

Ifsizematters New Member

I think it may tie into a body image thing as well....If you are both healthy and in good shape you are more likely to feel you look good and that will give you the confidence to be more sexual and the physical ablilty to complete the act ;-)

15. backcheck64

Gold Member

Often on weekends, my wife will still get up at 5am and do her workout and yoga...then come in and wake me up by fucking the shit out of me...oh the horror LOL