Work out routines

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chronichaze, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

So every morning I wake up at the crack of dawn(unless hung over or sick). Usually around 5-6 in the morning. I'll run the streets for a solid 45 minutes. Great way to clear your head for the day. Also my favorite time to self reflect. I then usually go back to sleep for 3-4 more hours.

I do not do any heavy weight training as most exercises will slow down my fast twitch muscle fibers. The way I then build strength and speed in the gym is to do clap push ups in between work outs. I'll also use resistance bands to retain speed and explosiveness. Then I'll also normally hit focus mitts/spar for 2 minute periods for 4-5 rounds worth.

Other than that most the work I do is with sit ups. Only 50-100 a day(my least favorite work out). Last thing I'll use in a workout plyometrics in building explosiveness in my legs.

What do some of you guys do to stay in shape?

2. GreyGoose

Gold Member

I'm up at 430 gym for an hour
    2 days are pure cardio, bike, eliptical, treadmill
    3 days are weight lifting I do static sets so if I'm working out one muscle instead of resting after 1 rep I work out another part then again no rest and work out original muscle do this for 3 sets each muscle then rest 45 seconds to a minute before moving to the next 2 excercises.

3. coldplayer85

coldplayer85 Member

I used to do running, elliptical and bike, kind of triathlon. After that I'm into boxing.

Right now I prefer circuit training, which is:

1) 1 min of push up with dumbell lift,
    2) 30 seconds of boxing
    3) 1 min minute of deadlift to reverse bicep curl
    4) 30 seconds of boxing
    5) 1 min of reverse jack knife
    6) 30 seconds of boxing
    7) 1 min of dumbell uppercut
    8) 30 seconds of boxing
    9) 1 min of side lunge
    10) 30 seconds of boxing, and
    11) 1 min of sit up to dumbell air punch.

I do it for 4 sets, with 1 and a half minute of rest.

4. Beach

Beach New Member

I was a gym rat at one point in my life..years of it. Did two Body For Life challenges and had good success w that.

Now......I try to drink less Mt.Dew and more water...lmao but thats where my head is at these days.
    I neeeed to get back into something for many reasons.

5. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I need a workout routine.. right now it's ride the bike or walk.

I am going to try and put - sit ups, push ups and tricep dips in.

6. Chronichaze

Chronichaze New Member

Boxing really is a beautiful sport.

I also forgot to mention how much I stretch. I stretch throughout the day tightening/loosening my muscles and bending my body all over. Loosening up all the muscle fibers and joints in the body is crucial in allowing your body to work fluently in rigorous work outs. Not to mention it prevents injury. I also had a minor tear in my rotator cuff so I must stretch lots to prevent from a further tear where I'd be forced to get surgery.

7. Jolay

Jolay New Member

I exercize four days a week, for 30 mins or up to 1Hr a day. Which includes some sit ups ect. Although I get quite lazy at times and may work out only 3 days. I also try to eat a balanced diet which includes fresh vegetables and fruits every day.

8. nyxx

nyxx New Member

oh my, working out eh?
    i work out with weights 3 times(sun,tues,thurs) a week every other day. then cardio on the other 3 days(mon,wed,fri) with rest on saturdays. i'm not going to list the exercises because i change it up to keep the muscles from getting stagnant. i do however switch from muscle building to strength training every 4-5 weeks. 210 10%bf, right where i want to be!

got to agree with you on plyos though. i attribute my increased speed and agility in hockey directly because of plyometrics :)

9. backcheck64

Gold Member

I don't have a daily routine, I cycle and play hockey, being a contractor, I'm lifting all day, packed sheetrock to the second floor and hung a ceiling today. Roofing is one hell of a workout.

My wife on the other hand. Up at 4am. 4 days a week she does 5 miles at 4.5 mph walking (if that's what you can call that pace), two days a week 12 miles on the bike trainer and then a day with the eliptical climber. That is mixed with free weights, core training with the exercise ball and bosu ball, lunges, planking, and yoga. All that combined with a strickt health diet with controlled caloric intake. Then she usually walks the neighborhood in the evening for a couple of miles. Thats why at 45 and having had two kids, she has a rock hard body, defined muscles, and a size 0-1.

She took a couple of the tests where it determines your actual age, she's actually 36, looks 32.

After our second child, genetics and taking care of the kids took it's toll and she put on a fair bit of weight, she didn't like the she had gotten and decided to buck her family trend and devised her own weight loss and diet and dropped 76lbs and has kept it off for almost 6 yrs now.

When weather permits we ride 25 to 50 miles. Before the kids, we had a nice run of 76 miles we did every weekend, now we are usually too busy running kids to get more than our 25 to 50 miles.

10. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

Now I just do half hour of aerobics and use my total gym 3 days a week.I used to do ALOT more,but I prefer my body with a little more meat on it and so does my husband.I like having breasts,lol.

11. BlueLizard

BlueLizard New Member

All I do for exercise is lift weights...usually on week ends...usually 12 ozs at a time...

12. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Beers?

13. backcheck64

Gold Member

Be a man, move up to tall boys, work those.....arm.

14. Woody81

Woody81 Member

Start at 5am M-F
    Monday- HIITs on elliptical for 20 min, then straight to weights for chest and shoulders with 30 sec rest in between sets
    Tuesday- brisk walk on treadmill for 25 min, then weights for legs and back 2 min rest in between sets
    Wednesday-HIITs on elliptical for 30 min, run lines on basketball court for 30 min,
    Thursday-run 3 miles with 20 sec wind sprints every few min, ab and arm work with 30 sec rest in between
    Friday-play basketball for 30 min, and run lines for 30 min
    I do this for 4 weeks then do plyometrics for 2 weeks. Just to keep the body guessing.
    Saturday and Sunday-Chase kids around and work on the honey-do list

#14 Woody81, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  15. backcheck64

Gold Member

You ought to come out and play hockey, we usually get the ice for 2hrs, and skating at hockey level, you burn between 800 and 1000 calories an hour. And you work on the arms by pounding other guys faces in LOL

16. Woody81

Woody81 Member

Now that is something I can definitely get into. LOL. Wife-"Hey honey how was your workout?" Me-"Oh it was fabulous. Smashed some guys face in, and I lost two teeth. Absolutely perfect." LOL

If we had hockey around here I'd probably be all over it.

17. backcheck64

Gold Member

Couple of scars, broken fingers, but no tooth loss, can't say as much for a doctor on our team. lol. The younger guys still wear full cages so you have to get the helmet off to really pound them, they the cage does protect from 100+ mph pucks.

Question, what is the only sport that has a professional team in all 50 states?....Hockey, be it NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc, all 50 states have hockey teams. Hockey, it ain't just for Canadians anymore (or Fins, Germans, Sweds, Russians, Czechs, etc).

18. 33stack

Gold Member

weights 4 days /wk.
    cardio (which consists of 5-3min rounds with the heavy bag, crunches between rounds) 3 days /week.
    rest on 7th day.

19. JGB191

JGB191 Member

For the last three years, I've been working at the airport for six days a week, ten hours a day. That's my gym.

On an average day, I pick-up/carry/load/handle roughly 200 pieces of baggage, boxes, crates, and anything checked by passengers. ranging anywhere from one pound up to 70 lbs. In addition, my job also has me walking around ten miles a day. So that's 60 miles/week and 1,200 bags/week.

I wake up at 10 AM, a light breakfast around 10:20 AM (usually orange juice and a cinnamon muffin), punch in to work at 11 AM. Take a ten-minute Gatorade break around 4 PM during the peak daytime outside high temperatures. Punch out at 9 PM, and a hearty dinner around 10 PM.

Even despite loading up on candy and Pepsi every night, I still can't get my weight to 160 lbs, being 6'2" tall. It might be my metabolism or the fact that I do so much work at the airport, or a combination of both. Whatever it is, I still love my work very much and definitely would love doing this as a career.

Did I mention that I play tennis and bowling every week?

#19 JGB191, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011