Women: Where Have You Gotten Picked Up?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Sexual Guy, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Sexual Guy

Sexual Guy New Member

and had success with these men picking you up?

Did you enjoy the flirting session?
    Exchange of numbers?

I think the best places would be like a bookstore, college class, some full day volunteer events.

Clubs/Bars have too much competition and women know guys will come to them and they maybe on a b!tch mode

2. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

I never was "picked up" I was asked out, and if I wanted to go I would give out my number. My husband "discovered" me at work, and I did enjoy the flirting, and the intenseness, and we ended up married, so you could say it worked.

I never gave out my number in bars, clubs, or when drinking. I have been asked out at the library, a video store, a baseball game, at work numerous times, at private parties,at school, the pool, and the high school bus stop LOL. I once challenged a guy to look up my number if he wanted it. He did and he turned out to be an asshole!

3. Sexual Guy

Sexual Guy New Member

Oh ok

4. Morgan

Morgan New Member

I've don't know, I always feel like my relationship experience is really different from most peoples. When I watch tv or hear other people's stories about asking people out or getting picked up, it always sounds so strange to me. Any guy that I've ever been with has never started out as an 'asking out' kind of deal. We were always just friends for a while, and then we'd just sort of "slide" into a relationship.

I've never once had a guy I either didn't know or didn't know very well come up and ask me out. I'm not a guarded or intimidating person and it's not because I'm unattractive or anything like that. In my experience, getting together with guys has always been a kind of "networking" experience. It's always started with first becoming friends through other mutual friends, or through various groups or social circles we're both involved in, etc.

My dating/relationship experience bares almost no resemblance to the kind of asking out/picking up situations that I read about in magazines and see on tv. I don't if this is because I just happen to have had a really uncommon experience, or I haven't and all those other situations are really fictionalized.

5. Pride

Pride New Member

Being around the same age as you. I have to totally agree. For the most part. I mean i HAVE met people randomly. But even then we usually find some common friends/aquintances. And then i will eventually see them around again and maybe start actually hanging out one on one or something...i dont know its always a process though.

6. Drakonnen

Drakonnen Member

I have to disagree with you on this one.

My wife and I met at a fraternity/sorority social at a bar/club we spent most of the night talking and flirting and I got her number, and while I didn't get lucky enough "pick her up" (I didn't even try), she has been picked up by guys twice before in bars/clubs. so it does happen plenty still. :)

So, I really wouldn't dismiss what can be a great place to meet both long term and, uh, short term acquaintances, heh.

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

As many times in my yute, we said, "Hell yeah, lets go out and pick up some chicks," I never once scored. The only girlfriends I had, I met through friends.

8. Dreama

Gold Member

I've never gotten picked up. My hubby just started talking to me, and we hit it off. I would exactly say I've ever been picked up. I've had guys ask for my number, but all of those guys were gross and creepy.

9. Katprr

Katprr New Member

I have never really been picked up, asked out yes, even when I was married, but then declined them. My ex husband asked me out over the phone. That is a long story in itself but we met up and well it lasted for 9years.