Women-----Valentines Day?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rascal, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Rascal

Rascal New Member

I love my girl very much and I want to do something special or buy something special for this upcoming valentinens day......but i'm runnig out of ideas? I need help, what have you women received or boyfriend did that really made an impact on you?

Also, guys if you did something cool for your girl(and she liked it) let me know. Thanx

2. farspark

farspark New Member

Write a poem - either about the first time you saw her, the first time you fell in love with her, or for the risque, the first time you had sex... or all three. If you are sincere in what you say it might not matter whether or not the poem is crap. Don't worry about rhyming. Call it a "contemporary" poem.

Pack the poem in a gift box with a bunch of other romantic junk (shells, individually wrapped chocolates, cute looking packing material, chocolate covered coffee beans, etc). Put the poem on top. Hand-write it on scented paper.

I've always got lots of hot sex after giving poetry. ;)

3. Rascal

Rascal New Member

THnax bro, i'll try something like that. Hopefully some of the women will give their 2 cents on this

4. tina

tina New Member

How about naming a star after her... it can be done... I saw it on a website but I think I bookmarked it from work cause I can't find it on my home laptop... I'll post again tomorrow from work if I find it but you can do a google search - there's a couple of places that do that for you, not sure how much it costs though...

I'd like something like that... but that's just me and I totally think that v-day is kind of overrated and cliche (but that's just me)

5. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

If you love her very much, why don't you think of something from your heart and not get advice from others? I'm sure she would like something done that she likes, not what other people like.

6. jojo

jojo New Member

carve her name into your chest...wait thats not going to work. yeah I agree with Ryan...you have to find something that she will specifically like, we could give you thousands of corny suggestions, but none of them may work.

7. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

Honestly, all I want from my boyfriend on v-day is a good long phone call... i know he loves me but we can't see eachother and he can't afford to send flowers or gifts...love is the best gift

8. Candela

Verified Gold Member

This is a very old thread but Valentines Day is right around the corner..What will you do?

9. Dodge72

Gold Member

My wife enjoys cooking and considers herself something of a foodie. On our very first V-Day together, I had signed us up for a couple's cooking class. Really casual atmosphere at night. We watched the chef make hors d'oeuvres and then got to mingle and drink wine. Then we watched and helped make the main dishes and mingled more while we waited for it to cook and ate it for dinner. It was a good time and I got major points for it.

CLE32793 likes this.
  10. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

We don't celebrate VD, the way I see it, if you can't show your man/woman you love them through out the year what is the point in spending big money on a gift that really doesn't say anything at all except I supported VD this year. I'm more for the March 14th Steak & BJ day myself. :)

backcheck64 and afunk13 like this.
  11. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

That is a really good idea, doesn't support the 'I bought you candy and flowers, now love me' I see everywhere and is very original! You deserved major points!
    If only more people would get creative or at least buy local.

12. Dodge72

Gold Member

Yeah, but I kinda blew my wad on the first one... after that, there was no way I could ever get away with just candy and flowers. Now, it's always an event because she wants me to top the last one. I eventually had to go to telling her that we needed to alternate the planning so that I didn't have to come up with something every year. And, it's tough because her birthday is 2 days before Valentine's!

CLE32793 likes this.
  13. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

Ouch! and good luck!

14. Dodge72

Gold Member

Thanks

CLE32793 likes this.
  15. Hypersexual11

Gold Member

My romantic wife booked us a week in Cancun on Valentine's day. Leaving the bitter cold for white sand and sun in a few days.

awsumcpl.01 and CLE32793 like this.
  16. backcheck64

Gold Member

We don't really celebrate commercially conceived holidays. We do stuff for each other all year.

CLE32793 likes this.
  17. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member