[Ask a Girl] Women, explain yourselves! lol (the Lemmy phenomenon)

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Trond, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Trond

Gold Member

I guess this is part of the good boy vs. bad boy debate, but also about whether women prefer good-looking or successful (or powerful) men.

We all know that many women like rock stars, allowing some of them to have pretty promiscuous life styles, but one of the most extreme cases I have heard of is "Lemmy" Kilmister in Motorhead. He may have had sex with nearly 2000 women :eek (I think his band mates confirmed that it is well in excess of 1000). Here is what I don't get: Lemmy is one of the ugliest warthogs in rock n' roll! (Lemmy) He is also one of the most perpetually drugged, although it looks like he has a remarkable control over that part of his life (he seems to be far from slow in his head).

So girls, what is this?? Is it the success that makes men attractive, no matter which other flaws may be present? Or perhaps a sort of "beauty and the beast" syndrome, in which women actually fantasize about sleeping with a powerful "monster"? Explain yourselves! :eyes

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

It's not about looks or success, it's about confidence. Some men just ooze confidence, no matter how ugly they are lol.

3. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

This adds nothing to the thread man, forgive me haha. But one of the ugliest warthogs in rock n' roll?

I'm pretty sure he's one of the ugliest warthogs in the world, period hahaha

4. Trond

Gold Member

Yes, I suspect that this is the Achilles heel for many men who feel they never get any attention from women. I had little confidence ten years ago, and I got really depressed with my lack of luck. Hanging out with so-called "loose women" (pardon the expression, God bless them :D) helped, actually.

5. awakened

awakened New Member

As said before in this forum. Too much confidence can turn too or just be arrogance, which turns me off. I have to admit I wouldnt touch a man that has no commom sense or intelligence no matter how hot he was. Intelligence or success is a mojor turn on for me. This Lemmy guy sounds like I would stay far away from him.

6. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Drugs, promiscuity, that lifestyle alone can attract many. His type would definitely not attract me because of that lifestyle.

But yeah while confidence is great but being arrogant is not attractive it's more WTF!

7. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

No one ever said he slept with 2000 beauty queens though...
    When those guys are drunk or high they will sleep with anyone,and I'm sure most of the women were drunk or high too.

As someone who has dated quite a few musicians in bands,for me it had NOTHING to do with success or money at all.It was more of such a great respect for their TALENT,that it was literally a turn on.(For the record though,lead singers always bored me with their "better-then-God" attitudes.I always liked guys in the background like drummers or bass players.)I just love music,so seeing them do something I have NO talent for at all impresses me.
    But I would be that way with alot of things...I'm impressed by smart guy's knowledge,funny guy's jokes,or a mechanic who is good with his hands...

I'm impressed by a guy who has strong passion for something he cares about :)

8. Jolay

Jolay New Member

Or perhaps a sort of "beauty and the beast" syndrome, in which women actually fantasize about sleeping with a powerful "monster"? Explain yourselves!

I had a boyfriend who was so so ugly but damm he was so sexy! And could he fuck!!!!! He fucked my brains out.

9. nurseharley

Gold Member

i cant explain this because i've never been in a relationship with someone who i thought was ugly and i would never date someone because of their money, job, etc.

and if this guy really fucked that many women, i wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole

10. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

Yeah it's a pretty gross thought...

My question is,how the hell do they really even know how many women it was? Do they keep a list? Surprised they even remember half of the times:eyes
    I feel a lot of those bands "embellish" how many women they really sleep with.
    I'm sure it's a good number,but it seems like they are always trying to out-do each other "Oh I did the most drugs,and I slept with the most chicks and I almost died more times then you".

11. Trond

Gold Member

Perhaps I am a real people-person. There is no-one I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole :lol.

Great to see that you're back NH!:) Yes, you have to draw the line somewhere. One could ask what are the chances that he never caught anything nasty after sleeping with that many women?

I saw his interview, and I think it was for real, partially because he didn't seem too eager to brag about it. He said that it was the reporters that turned "above 1000" into "almost 2000". He didn't remember the exact number, but I think he had a rough estimate of how many women threw themselves at him per year, so he just multiplied it. :eyes

But yes, I also think that people who are high on hard drugs probably aren't the pickiest. Perhaps a few of them were actually effeminate guys? :lol

12. Kermit

Gold Member

[​IMG]
    took this from wiki, this is waht he looks like

13. Kermit

Gold Member

good to see you back NH :)

14. Trond

Gold Member

So, was he fulfilling some kind of "taken by a monster" fantasy of yours? Not sure where I heard of women with that kind of fantasy, but I'm pretty certain that I'm not making it up. :) I guess that kind of women would be disappointed with me though. I don't know how to best describe my appearance, but the word "neat" comes to mind. :lol

OK, that's actually a flattering picture of ol' Lemmy, but we'll take it.

15. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Fuck he's pretty sexy IMO LOL he has a freakin beard!

16. Trond

Gold Member

Oh no! He's doing it again! Do we have number 2001 here? :lol

17. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

LMAO! it's got to be the beard OMG!

18. backcheck64

Gold Member

Looks like the homeless guy at the off ramp.....that's been run over a half dozen times.

19. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Giggity giggity.....

EDIT.. sorry random.. just whenever I see your avatar

20. Trond

Gold Member

The pic that Kermit posted was OK though. Did you click on the link in my first post?

OK, here it is:
    [​IMG]

So, what do you say now?? (looking straight at Untamed):eyes