Woman invited me over for the weekend

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Icebat, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Icebat

Icebat Member

Imagine for a second that I'm a complete imbecile when it comes to girls. I'm often oblivious to their signals and basically, it takes a woman sticking her tongue in my mouth for me to understand she wants me to kiss her.
    Good, now that you know that, here's the story.

A year ago, I met a girl at the climbing gym I frequent (she's a climber too). After overcoming my insecurity towards hot women, I decided to talk to her as she was alone. We climbed together, exchanged numbers and we went for dinner together another day.
    This all sounds great right?
    Well, after a few dates, I decide to make a move on her but she announces that she will soon be leaving for Colombia for 6 months for her work. We're from Europe, so in other words, it's on the other side of the world. So she says that it won't work. But she does admit she thinks I'm handsome and does say things could have been different if we had met earlier.

Fast forward 6 months. She's back and we run into each other again on the climbing wall. We agree to go for a drink again and we chat a bit, we see each other a couple of more times and I tell her I actually do still like her.
    She answers that she still thinks I'm quite handsome and even admits that she has almost given getting into a relationship with me a try, but that she still doesn't think it'll work because there are some key points that bother her about me. Though she thinks I'm a funny guy and shit, it kinda isn't compatible with her that I'm very hyperkinetic (often tiring for people around me) and, even if she admitted it's a detail, but it's apparently important to her, she liked to get up early and go to bed early. I like to go to bed really late and sleep in (during weekends).
    The thing is, I don't think I'd really want a relationship with her anyway. I'm kinda not looking for one right now. I'm okay with casual sex, but not with a long term relationship. I would certainly have wanted to have sex with her though... but casual sex. Not in the context of a relationship.

Anyway, I pretty much forgot about it all at that point, but I ran into her again a few weeks later at the climbing wall again. She said she'll move to France soon (we're from Belgium) for her job. Though it's just over the border, it's still a 2h drive. When the subject of relationships comes up, I also tell her that, I'm not really looking for a long term relationship right now and she says the same but jokingly said "I guess a one night fling on a saturday night is enough for you then?". I blurted out, in a joking manner: "Yes, exactly. Are you free coming Saturday". She just laughed, but didn't give it further thought.
    When the subject of "just a casual sex encounter" between the two of us came up, she gave me the good old friendzone-crap: "we're friends, it would be so awkward after we did it..."

Okay, I know I probably made mistakes with this woman and maybe I should have been more sexual with her... I dunno. But anyway, I forgot about her when she moved to France.
    Guess what, just a couple of months ago I ran into her yet again at the climbing gym. We talked and shit and she says she wants to invite me over to her place for a weekend in France some time. I thought she wasn't serious but a few weeks ago, I saw she was online on Facebook and jokingly said "weren"t you gonna invite me to France for a weekend?" and she promptly invited me to come the first weekend of December, which is now coming weekend.
    I accepted, but I'm not sure what to think of it. On one hand, I know she finds me hot and she even considered trying a relationship with me. On the other hand, I know she doesn't want a relationship with me (she also knows I don't want one) but she did say that shit about "if we had sex, it'd be awkward afterwards since we're friends". So on one hand, I think she may want to have sex with me, on the other hand, I think she doesn't. But I don't know what to expect from this weekend.

2. MariaMaria

Gold Member

Honestly, I think you're overthinking this. And you won't know what she truly wants until you talk to her.
    Just relax. Have a clear idea of what *you* want, that way you can be sure about what may happen if things go your way. As for what she thinks...how about you ask her? :) It sounds like it's been a while since you last talked about it, so maybe you can say that you wanna "check in" & see if she still feels the same way. Bon courage, mon ami! :D

Sweetlysad and HazHardHat like this.
  3. Amature

Gold Member

Didn't someone post this exact same story a while back?

ply and Sweetlysad like this.
  4. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

MariaMaria and Amature like this.
  5. Amature

Gold Member

Ok. I wonder if they ever met up, or if he's stuck in a time warp like in the movie "Groundhog Day" and gets to relieve the day over, and over, and over again?

ply and MariaMaria like this.