withdrawing from the outside world

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by luvsmusiccm, Oct 14, 2010.

1. luvsmusiccm

luvsmusiccm New Member

That's what I did for the longest time.... Just scared of meeting people and broaden my horizons. Really, wished I wasn't so scared being 30 yrs. old and feel like I'm much younger than that. I lost my virginity to a guy over a drunken night then the frriendahip with him went downhill after that. Afterwards got into a short-term fling with a guy that I was friends with for a few years now doesnt want anything to do with me anymore.

To top it off, I can't hear well, even with the highest powered hearing aids so I feel awkward when communicating with others like I just don't fit in.

I go to this small-town bar frequently because I run into people there I've seen before. I like being around people that drink...Wierd, I know. I like being around people that joke around and have fun.

I love being around men now...Like it's some sort of drug....I don't have any close friends....I swore to myself that I won't get involved with a guy sexually now unless there's a relationship involved.

2. igor

Gold Member

Just be careful if you are trying to meet someone "meaningful" in a bar. People are not always what they seem when they have had a few drinks. Being hearing impaired should not be a problem for anyone who is a "real" person.

3. Ready2Please

Gold Member

The bars are NOT the place to meet a man for a "meaningful" relationship.

Do you have any interests? Sports? Reading? Outdoor activities? Hobby? Try meeting guys in one of those areas.

Or how about church?

R2P

4. pussydog

pussydog New Member

just be ur self and u will found some one good.

5. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

I agree with all the above comments.....the chances of meeting someone worthwhile at a bar are pretty slim......
    Have you thought about joining a support group considering your disability?

6. Barbwire

Gold Member

Well, I met my hubby in a bar and we've been together for almost 15 years.

I don't go to bars anymore but, always had a problem hearing with a lot of background noise when I frequented them back in the day. I can difinitely see where being hearing impaired in a bar would make interacting with the opposite sex, or anyone for that matter, tough.

Never underestimate the power of your body, girl. The vast majority of men that I've been with all were going into it just for shits and giggles but ended up wanting to hang onto me for dear life after the lovin'. Ya wanna know why? Because I got da shit. How did I get da shit? By having a variety of lovers over the course of my life. Oh, and I can carry on an intellgent conversation, crack jokes and throw darts like a dude.

Don't give up on having sex just for fun because of bad experiences. Just be safe, get educated, and stay open-minded.

By coming to SF, you've made a step in the right direction.

Welcome to our community.

#6 Barbwire, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  7. Marcpatrick

Marcpatrick New Member

I really like your attitude, CL. I have great respect for women who shove convention aside to pursue their own path in life.
    I personally prefer women with a bit of a history - they have good stories to tell and usually don't have unrealistic expectations about men and relationships.

8. DobaCliff

DobaCliff New Member

Everyone is right. and don't let hearing loss hold you back either. I had deaf parents and have a small hearing loss. Never held me back.