Wild Oats Project

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by HotForHoney, Mar 16, 2015.

1. HotForHoney

Gold Member

ply likes this.
  2. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm following this so I can come back and give a meaningful reply later when I have the concentration. There's lots to say.

3. Candela

Verified Gold Member

Oh my what she said!!!

ply likes this.
  4. travis beck

Gold Member

We have had two threesomes in the past few months, but we were both in the same room and playing together. This is just a train wreck IMO. I couldn't imagine my wife sleeping with multiple men during the week and then coming back to me on the weekend.

She was with four men previously, so why so many now? This seems very selfish. If he never wanted kids, she shouldn't have married him in the first place.

HotForHoney likes this.
  5. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

It's usually one of two things...
    Some couples wing their whole relationship and don't discuss the future and such things.
    The other is a case like my ex wife. We had many discussions about the future and such and came to agreement at that time. However, after the ring was on her finger, she 180'd about a lot of things.

xx

ply and 12barblues like this.
  6. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Yeah, let me get back to you once I've actually taken some time to look into this and can say something worthwhile... Until then here's something decidedly not worthwhile...
    (Insert clever image involving Hall & Oates, Quaker Oatmeal, and something "wild" here)

HotForHoney likes this.
  7. 12barblues

Gold Member

Hmmm, will have to let my GF read and then tell me all about it.. Lol.. Sounds like an interesting tale tho...

ply likes this.
  8. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I read more, they were married 16 years before "the project".

The husband said he cried himself to sleep at night.

ply likes this.
  9. AGFUNK

Gold Member

That woman is a train wreck. She should be happy she didn't have children. She basically punished her husband because she decided she wanted a child to put purpose into her life. No child should have that burden put upon them. She is a selfish horrible person and deserves whatever karma throws at her.

10. Mittimer

Gold Member

Alright.

So, unless I'm misunderstanding, she knew that her husband didn't want children and still married him anyway. She then went on to decide that she wanted children further down the line. She gave her husband an EXTREMELY selfish ultimatum. Either give me a child or let me fuck everyone I want for a year.

That is absolute bullshit and she's just a selfish person. She lied, put her sexual health at risk and cheated on her husband after they "got back together".

She doesn't deserve to be in a marriage with someone who loves her so much that he would cry himself to sleep at night over her. He is clearly too good for her. This is not feminism, this isn't a woman's right, she's not sewing her wild oats, she's being a selfish, self serving, manipulative human being.

I hope that her choices leave her alone in her world of casual sex, manipulation and lies.

11. Mittimer

Gold Member

Let me also say, I understand the feeling of not wanting to be on your death bed with regrets. Specifically with marrying too young or having what you see as too few partners, but that's when you rationally talk to your husband about these things. Not use a child (or lack there of) as an excuse to sleep with...everyone.

I just can't imagine the thought pattern that lead to her justifying doing this. Or the scars it's left her husband with.

I fully support sexual exploration and a forever evolving sexual relationship with yourself, but for the love of God don't go about it the way she did.

12. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

Well put Mitt I totally agree with everything you said.
    So basically the way this women feel is that a women life isn't worth living if you don't have sexy or kids. And that her terrible excuse for doing this. And a terrible way to judge a women worth!

13. LilBAM

Gold Member

The part about visiting her husband on the weekends to "work on their marriage" boggles my mind. You'd think you would do that, oh I dunno, BEFORE setting an ultimately destructive ultimatum on their marriage? The part about rushing to him "whenever things get scary" during all of this, even after how she had hurt him...sigh. The thought repeating in my head, over and over, is that this woman is a parasite. Deep down, no regard for anyone but herself. At least the title of the book was accurate in regards to the "at any cost" bit. Good grief. Any other thoughts I have were summed up by Mitt perfectly.

14. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I am sure that this report is sensationalised but the crux of the matter imho is quite simple; mid life crisis due end of possible reproductive years and a WTF last-chance been a good girl too long break out!
    I don't feel that sad for the dude either; he should have just booted in the arse and moved on himself.
    She is never going back to be her former self now with too much recent history and nor him.
    There is nothing very remarkable in this story, happens to little people every day but normally they don't discuss this in the media and don't write spicy tell it all books!

15. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Teacher what's my mark out of ten for my interpretational reduction?

16. cbrmale

Gold Member

When we got engaged but before we got married we not only agreed on having children which wasn't my top priority, but also how many we would have. However having had affairs with a lot of married women in their forties and fifties, I don't think children or not children was the major issue. Our society gives women negative messages about sex and especially about casual sex, and by the time women reach their forties and fifties, many have come to terms with those messages and are ready to do what we men did when we were younger. Not only that but women can feel that their attraction is based upon appearance, and forties and fifties is their last chance before their beauty fades. All of the married women I have had affairs with had a 'now or never' mindset. All of those women had secret affairs, which was probably better given the way this experiment turned out.

None of what I read surprised me and most of what happened is played out everywhere, but usually in secret. Women are often good at keeping sexual secrets.

17. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Well said

ply likes this.
  18. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Well, then I took the time and everyone beat me to the punch - all the above posters have said what I was going to say.

Really irritating because of certain people viewing it as a display of "Feminist Empowerment," when that isn't what it is at all. Feminism isn't synonymous with misandry; and that's the message conveyed when people endorse that woman's behavior of grossly mistreating her husband.

More appropriate words:
    Selfish. Misguided. Hurtful. Ignorant. Unfair.

But, as Bushy said, the guy's kind of "at fault" here, too. He shouldn't have allowed himself to be played like a fiddle as he was.

Final Opinion: Oy vay. :confused:

ply and Cappy_Dick like this.
  19. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

Feminism is evil. Before any women get their panties in a bunch/knickers in a twist, I wish to states on the record that I am 100% in favor and fully support equal rights for women. These two things are not the same thing.

xx

ply, Dirty_Wil and HotForHoney like this.
  20. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

Actually, Cappy, you are mixing the connotation with the denotation. Don't worry, it's a common mishap. Feminism/Feminist has been turned into a buzzword and therefore has largely lost its true meaning...

Merriam-Webster's:
    Full Definition of FEMINISM
    noun | fem·i·nism | \ˈfe-mə-ˌni-zəm\
    1: the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
    2: organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests
    Oxford Dictionary's:
    Definition of FEMINISM in English
    noun | fem·i·nism | /ˈfeməˌnizəm/
    The advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. The issue of rights for women first became prominent during the French and American revolutions in the late 18th century. In Britain it was not until the emergence of the suffragette movement in the late 19th century that there was significant political change. A ‘second wave’ of feminism arose in the 1960s, with an emphasis on unity and sisterhood
    Collins English Dictionary:
    definition for FEMINISM
    noun | /ˈfɛmɪˌnɪzəm/
    A doctrine or movement that advocates equal rights for women​

Wikipedia:
    FEMINISM is a collection of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. A feminist advocates or supports the rights and equality of women.​

Random Article I found interesting:
    http://ww2.kqed.org/pop/2013/12/16/beyonce-and-chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-make-feminism-go-viral/

So, actually, @Cappy_Dick if you are "... 100% in favor and fully support equal rights for women" then those two things are the same. I only bother going at such length on this because (1) I am a Man and (2) I am a Feminist. The two are not mutually exclusive; nor is Feminism Evil.

feminism_man.png

Mittimer likes this.