Wife is pregnant... now what?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Fliteskates, May 20, 2010.

1. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

So my wife and I just found out she is about 3 weeks pregnant...

I am trying to read up as much as I can about... everything.

I figured I would come here and get some sexual advice from the ladies in here who have been pregnant.

I am thinking about backing off and not initiating sex for awhile... but I don't want her to feel unattractive... it feels like a catch 22... how horny are you when you are pregnant?

A few other things...

I'm a little paranoid about sex and being on top of her - eventhough I know its ok for now. I just don't want anything to happen to the baby bcuz I'm a horndog...

I'm afraid to cum in her now... I don't know why... so I used a condom the other night... is that me being stupid?

I need any advice you can give me about how to handle things now and as the pregnancy progresses?

And ya I know, I need to relax...

2. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Well, she's already pregnant, I don't think the condom is necessary. And personally, if my wife was pregnant I would still want it bad haha. I've seen plenty of hot pregnant women.

I would say talk about it, let her know u still want her, and enjoy the new boobs she's most likely gonna have lol

3. igor

Gold Member

Many couples have sex until the last minute of the pregnancy - as long as she is comfortable with it. You may have to try different positions later on. No reason to use a condom.

4. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Just carry on like normal.

5. saml

saml New Member

Rule #1) Learn to love the spooning position.
    Rule #2) Have fun :)

6. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

Ya I already knew about the whole spooning deal being a safe position - was trying to spoon yesterday and she said she wanted me on top because she wanted to see me and not stare @ the wall...

7. igor

Gold Member

Any position is OK as long as she is comfortable with it.

8. Throckmorton

Throckmorton New Member

Don't punish her or yourself by withholding sex. However, my wife believes her orgasm triggered her contractions with at least one of our kids.

9. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

Great... I never thought about that...

Guess you really need to be careful the last tri-mester...

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

Just try to do what's comfortable for her. That baby is way more protected that you are imagining. You aren't going to hurt it with sex. Pregnancy was when I finally got my wife on her elbows and knees to fuck. And she liked it. Before that, she didn't want to do it that way.

11. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

My wife has always been a big doggie fan, so no problems there.

I love when she is laying flat on her tummy and I kneel over her and do it from behind... but that is the position that has me the most worried, since she will be laying on her tummy.

Even when I do get on top in missionary I don't put any of my weight on her...

I'm more relaxed about stuff than I was even a couple of weeks ago when we first found out... but as the baby develops more and her tummy gets bigger, I'm probably going to be even more cautious.

Not sure it is something I can really get over... the concern is always going to be there...

I've been reading and talking to a lot of people and I know the baby is really well protected... just it is hard not to worry about somehow hurting it. I just want a healthy baby - it's all I care about.

12. HardRocker

Gold Member

Congratulations on the upcoming baby. Try to chill and be calm and confident (or at least try to fake it), because she'll be getting crazier the whole time and you can be her even keel.

And after the baby comes, plan on being tired and unappreciated for... oh, about 18 years. :lol Just kidding. ........NOT!

13. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

Thanks bro.

I'm cool about everything except the sex deal - I have all this sexual experience, but none with a pregnant woman so it is uncharted territory for me.

No biggie... what's one more drop on the wife totem pole?

work
    cats
    facebook
    me

baby
    work
    cats
    facebook
    me

14. grignard_reagent

grignard_reagent New Member

well

first thing take care of her
    second
    : dont try any foolish poses that are meant to hurt ur woman

and third
    get it slow and gentle

wishin u happy sex
    :D

15. Breadstick

Breadstick New Member

I'm sure many of people have said this but there is no need for birth control if she is already pregnant.

16. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

Hey all - thx for the replies.

I know that I didn't need to use B/C, but I just didn't want to do anything that could somehow hurt the baby. I know it sounds stupid, but I just want a healthy baby so I am overly cautious about things.

Anyway, we have had sex maybe twice since I made this thread. She has been feeling sick and has no appetite, let alone desire for sex. So it is all kind of a moot point right now. She is vomiting every day almost it seems...

I've just been rubbing her tummy and back every night so she can fall asleep and then I do the same thing each morning when she wakes up and has to go to work. Also trying to do all of the cleaning, cooking and such - trying to make sure she isn't stressed out.

When she says things that annoy me, I just bite my lip and smile and do whatever she asks...

That's about all I can do.... it is frustrating and I hate seeing her like this. The Dr. said all of this is perfectly normal and prescribed her some medication that is safe, that will take the nausea away. Her sister was on it and it worked well for her when she was pregnant.

I think I'm doing the best I can right now, as this is all new to me. Just trying to be there for her and make her as comfortable as possible - it has been frustrating, especially yesterday when she got out of the shower and put on these hot little panties and I was rubbing her ass and she just wasn't into it. But I'm a big boy, she is the one going through all these changes and I gotta man up.

I got another 7 months to go and who knows how long after the baby is born - so I need to buckle up and be ready for the ride.

#16 Fliteskates, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  17. HardRocker

Gold Member

It's worth the ride, Flite. If I had one of those proverbial opportunities to go back knowing what I know now, I'd do it all over again.

18. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thanks for the update, Flite. Don't give up, I wasn't in the mood for sex in the beginning of my pregnancy due to all the sickness, but after 4 months or so, I was ready to rumble once again.

19. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

My fiancee was the same way when she was pregnant with our daughter. The morning sickness was constantly getting her in the afternoon, right before she had to go to work. We were almost working opposite schedules, where I was working 7-3, and she was working 2-10. It was pretty rough, since she had no sex drive what so ever. I think the only reason we had some sex in the last trimester was because the doctor said it would help put her into labor, since semen contains some kind of chemical that helps along with that, along with the contractions of her having orgasms. The lack of sex drive from her is likely to be from the changes she is seeing in her body, making her feel less attractive, or it could be the seriously high amount of hormones, but just as likely, it could be the morning sickness is making her feel like shit. My fiancee had also gotten something to help with the nausea, and it worked. Just keep reminding her of how beautiful you think she is, and try to keep everything as easy on her as possible. Also, try to make sure that she takes any and all maternity leave that she can. The final trimester was rough on my fiancee, and she needed all the rest she could get after our daughter was born.

20. Fliteskates

Fliteskates Member

So what should I know now that you know, that I don't know, but should know?

Well I kind of expected it to go down this way, so I was prepared. But being prepared and going through it is different obviously.

The funniest thing is, I'm a health freak and she is buying cookies and things of that nature to eat, because everything is making her nauseated. I like junk food, but avoid it by not bringing it in the house. So I have to keep telling myself I want my 6 pack, I want my 6 pack :)

Ya I am telling her how sexy and beautiful she is, because she is. She got her really long, sexy hair cut a couple of weeks ago, and she came home and had it cut just above her shoulders and it was all poofy.

She walked into the gym as I was lifting and I almost dropped a dumbell on my foot when I saw it. She asked what I thought and I was like "it's nice baby" *rolls eyes*

I hated how it looked and usually would of been honest... but you know. However, once she started to style her hair and wear it different ways, she looked HOT. So I am glad I held my tongue.

I put a little note in her purse yesterday for her to read at work, telling her how sexy her hair looked that morning.