Wife doesnt sleep well after sex

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by scubadiver, Apr 14, 2005.

1. scubadiver

scubadiver New Member

My wife and I have been seriously working on our marriage for about 9 months. She was in serious withdraw. Took her about three months to admit it. Our relationship is now about 200% better than it was.

We have sex about twice a week. Quite often I sense that she is very hesitant to have sex, but does it out of duty to help our marriage even though physically she seems to get pleasure. Emotionally, it appears difficult for her.

After sex, I sleep very well as both emotionally and physically I feel very good. But my wife says she does not sleep as well when she has had sex. I do not understand. Perhaps emotionally she feels stressed out, but only guessing. Due to her upbringing (adult child of alchoholic parents), she is extremely private and it is very difficult to know what her feelings really are.

Any guesses as to why she would not sleep as well after sex. Is it a sign of emotional stress?

Thanks for any input

2. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

some women have a very hard time falling asleep after orgasming (you said she seems to get pleasure so i'm reading into that) I know i'm one of them. If my man and i got to bed for the night and end up having sex i rarely fall asleep within the next few hours

3. MaggieM

MaggieM New Member

Its the adrenalin that causes no sleep.
    I am oposite.I sleep very well.

4. Cotton_Candy

Cotton_Candy New Member

Im like Maggie.. it sooths me and makes me sleep like a baby. after all its the most beautiful thing two people can share. In my ex marriage however i was also like your wife.. felt it was a duty...but with ex boyfriend he did things to make it exciting ...like food play... playing with toys.. just alot of different things and made me totaly enjoy what was going on ...so i think alot of it is the approach..im not suggesting its anything your doing wrong.. maybe if you could get her to open up and talk about her feelings and then you two could work on the issues.. Good luck to both of you.

5. Joehaven

Joehaven New Member

hmm me and my sweetheart always sleep like babies when we're done... unless we go at it again.

do you take time to cuddle with her afterwards? girls love to cuddle after sex, maybe just talk to her about something that's not sexually related, cuddle, rub her back, etc. and make her feel loved. something that will relax her!

(if you already do this sorry i mentioned it)