Wide Open Rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by oldkid, Apr 20, 2014.

1. oldkid

There is a thread for venting. GREAT! However, most vents are short, one liners.
    This thread is for "let it all hang out" ranting. For purging your mind. I suspect there will be no response to this, cause there is going to be two rules: 1. No attacks against SF or any of it's members or guests.
    2. Try to lay it all out in at least five lines. I promise, all my long winded venting will be done here.

2. HotForHoney

Gold Member

I don't have anything to rant about.
    I don't want your post to have zero replies.
    I like your rules.
    I like your long winded vents will be in one place.
    That's only 4 lines.... Dang it!

JonJo and oldkid like this.
  3. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

"No response to this" Heh heh - oh, oldkid, you clearly don't know me and my love of talking to hear my own voice! :)

There's been something on my mind recently that crops up every now and again. Surprisingly here on SF it doesn't happen as frequently as on my other social sites. This something is the drive and crushing pressure for men to be Perfect - to be the Ideal. I am not in anyway neglecting that Women get this same message, but I feel that it is frequently overlooked that men are just as pressured to fit into an idealized form...

At times like this I'm to the point of being almost hyper-aware of it as I find myself to be very, very, very, very far from the Ideal set forth for me to be. Men have to be strong, intelligent, sexy, clever, chivalrous, stoic, and on and on and on and on... Well, I am NOT many of these things!

Intelligent? Sure.
    Strong? No.
    Clever? Yeah, it could be said.
    Sexy? Don't make me laugh! I'm the epitome of UNsexy.

(I'm not trying to be hard on myself or get pity votes or anything - I'm just calling it as I honestly and authentically see things to be.)

For many men out there it doesn't faze them, at least not to any great degree. The message is received, acknowledged, and then tossed aside. For me it is received, acknowledged, mulled over, set aside, pulled back out, perused again, almost set back aside, and then drawn back out and obsessed over some more. Why can't I be the Ideal Man? It's not fair that every other guy gets to be (it seems) or at least stands a chance!

This obsession with the Ideal has become such an issue for me that it has become my Solution To All. If I could get myself to the Ideal that I see in my mind's eye, then all of the world's problems would be solved. I'd have no more trouble socially, financially, spiritually, physically, sexually, emotionally, mentally... everything would be flawless. Hell, even if I got close to Ideal then I'm sure 98% of my issues would be resolved and go away forever!

I know that's not true, but I'm trying to get across how it feels to me. I realize that even if I improved myself to some ridiculously amazing degree I would still have just as many problems - they'd only be different. On one level I know that, but the way I feel is completely different. All thanks to that constant pressure, that constant bombardment with the message: You must be Perfect! You must meet this definition of Ideal!

Example of the pressure it has placed on me: I am severely overweight. I mean, we're talking morbidly obese. At 74in tall and 383lbs (or 193cm tall and 173.5kg) I'm a BIG (fat) GUY. I've been a larger person more or less my whole life - since I was about 9 years old. The pressure placed on me to be a crazy fit, athletic, macho man since that time has driven me to do some pretty drastic things in my past to attempt to lose weight and Reach The Ideal. I tried diet pills, crash diets, starvation, overly intensive exercise programs. I considered and attempted to get funds for liposuction, a "tummy tuck," a gastric band, or full on gastric bypass. All because I don't fit the Ideal image portrayed for me.

Well, having said ALL OF THAT, I want to close with: I'M FUCKING SICK OF IT! I'm tired of fighting the futile battle to become Ideal. I'm tired of not loving myself because I don't fit some random stranger's view on what Ideal is. I'm tired of constantly battling insecurity, self-doubt, low confidence, and low self-esteem. I'm ready to love myself for who I am. I'm ready to work on improving myself to a realistic Ideal that I have set for myself - with no external influence. I'm ready to feel confident, secure, and proud of myself no matter what!

Rant... concluded... Is this what you were wanting/expecting on this thread, oldkid, or should I take my long meandering diatribes elsewhere? :D

4. oldkid

You found it!

10_3XL likes this.
  5. BlueCollar

Gold Member

Fuck everybody else dude. You just gotta be happy with you. If you want to change you will. At the end of the day other peoples opinions are basically worthless.
    Do what's best for you. And if others try to bring you down, fuck em. Don't let them stand in your way.

JonJo, lbushwalker, 10_3XL and 2 others like this.
  6. luvbug

Gold Member

This is perfectly said and applies to some SF members!!:rolleyes:

If you think your posts/ opinions/thoughts/feelings etc mean a damn thing to me.... You are soooo wrong!!

Call me names/ talk/insinuate things about me... I really don't care!! Shows your true age. :rolleyes:

Grow the fuck up.

I'm sure lots of responses/insinuations/innuendos will be made now!! Lol

opnm1nd and 10_3XL like this.
  7. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Didn't take long for a rule to be broken:
    two rules: 1. No attacks against SF or any of it's members or guests. ​
    If you are so unhappy here why stay and spread your negativity?

JonJo, oldkid and 10_3XL like this.
  8. BlueCollar

Gold Member

I meant this for people outside of SF. I've never had an issue with anyone here.

JonJo, HotForHoney and 10_3XL like this.
  9. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

YEAH! Thanks for your words, BlueCollar.
    I think you are painting us all with the same unfair brush. And if everything here is so meaningless then why bother taking the time to be on SF? (Not trying to get you to leave or anything - I'm just legitimately curious!)
    H4H, you preach it, my love! There's enough negativity everywhere else - we don't need none here on SF! :D

JonJo, BlueCollar and HotForHoney like this.
  10. luvbug

Gold Member

I'm not the one who's negative!! Lol

Never said I was unhappy here.... ;)

Now look who's the " police"..... Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Lol

And NO I'm not painting everyone with the same brush... But they know who they are. ;)

Btw...I didn't read the rules.... Most don't so why should I!?? Lol

I didn't attack any members... Just said it could apply to some.... Not my fault who felt " singled out. :rolleyes:

#10 luvbug, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  11. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Who is they? If you don't want people talking behind your back, name names and clear the air.

JonJo likes this.
  12. luvbug

Gold Member

Lol!!!

I have nothing to clear!!

I'm happy and love my life!! :D

Let the games go on!! Lol

13. sandwich

Gold Member

I'm not sure I understand what is going on here. Is this real antagonism or are y'all just having silly fun? I can't tell. Sorry, Oldkid, but this is happening on a couple threads and I don't get it.

JonJo likes this.
  14. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Sandy, OK is being himself a cynical old fart like me :).
    10 3XL is venting and letting it all hang out which is good for him!
    Others also like me just adding their 2 cents worth of wisdom or otherwise.
    My humble advice to XL is not to give a fuck about others possible assessments of you and also know that even if you came close to "ideal" you would still not be satisfied so why worry?
    WTF rules ok :)

JonJo and 10_3XL like this.
  15. luvbug

Gold Member

No rant ... But the day IS just starting. :rolleyes: Lol

16. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

I submit this rant in the form of a letter to my co-workers...

Dear Monday AM Staff,
    I know it is very difficult for you to show up at the scheduled start of your shift. As you told me when you first started, you live a full five minutes from the work site. Considering how insanely busy our streets are here in the BIG CITY of Boise, ID (actually, Garden City, ID but still...) I completely understand you being 35 minutes late. The fact that you did not even attempt to excuse your tardiness further strengthens my sense of confidence in you and your reliability. I am relieved to not hear that you had car trouble, your daughter had taken ill, or some other gross misfortune had befallen you - you were simply late because you didn't feel it important or necessary to arrive on time. I am glad that I had to lose precious minutes from my ONE day off so that you could get some extra rest and arrive at a time most fitting and comfortable for you.
    I would further like to thank you for not doing any of your legally required paperwork or the duties required of you in our mutual job description. (We are on the same level of the employee tree, so I know what is asked of you to do on your shifts.) This gives me many exciting activities to do on my shift! On top of my own duties, I am given the opportunity to cover your errors, ineptitude, inattentiveness, and general laziness. Note that I do not use those terms pejoratively, but rather with a fondness of a pet owner shaking his head when his puppy has urinated all over the carpet. I receive the distinct privilege to forge your name/initials on legal documentation, enter fraudulent information on essential Health & Welfare Documentation, and try desperately to makeup for your negligence in the care of the individuals in our care.
    Fortunately, both the Administration and Health & Welfare completely overlooks what most would consider to be "shortcomings" or "major liabilities" when it comes to you and your job performance. The Admin have, in fact, encouraged me to "look the other way" or "just fill in the blanks" when your work is that which is in question. When I attempted to report your stellar and merit worthy performance here with this company, my words fell on deaf ears. Such is the price I pay for being the Graveyard Staff, though, instead of a member of the highly respected AM Staff!

Sincerely and Ever Faithfully,
    10_3XL

P.S. - Next time, rather than being late, please do not show up at all. I would gladly work an entire extra shift so that you could remain home and comfortable.

CaramelLady, JonJo and oldkid like this.
  17. oldkid

ENCORE, ENCORE. btdtbts (Been There Done That Bought a Tee Shirt.) Tell it as you see it, man.:mad:

JonJo and 10_3XL like this.
  18. AGFUNK

Gold Member

Screw that. Don't cover for them let them drown. At my last job I did everything because all of the six other people were too fucking lazy. However my boss knew that I did all the work which is why I got promoted and was the favorite. When I was promoted I let the others drown. I thought them and then they refused to listen and got lazy. Not my freaking problem.

19. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

That's not an option. If I don't cover their asses then the individuals in our care suffer - nobody else. The supervisors know, the bosses know, freakin' Health & Welfare knows, the families know - nobody cares. I'm not going to let these guys suffer because of other people's lack of compassion.

opnm1nd likes this.
  20. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I completely forgot your occupation. Fair enough.