Why

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by melicious, Jun 10, 2007.

1. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

is it the moment you cut your finger, you put it in your mouth? Thinking back on it now, (as I type in remedial hunt-and-peck fashion), the thought of it makes my stomach turn. I chose a nice sharp knife to cut a tomato for fresh sandwiches. You know, you want a SHARP knife for those maters. Great choice; it sliced the tomato like it was butter. Then I picked up the package of turkey and stuck the knife into the plastic, while enjoying a beautiful family moment, one of those where we're all smiling and chatting (and NOT paying attention to the freakishly long, and sharp, blade.... in mommy's hand).... pulled it toward me, gasped, and put my index finger in my mouth. Hubby ushered the minors out of the room and asked to inspect the injury. The world stopped. Now, I've mentioned lately that I needed something to make the world stop; this is SOOOOO not what I meant! But it did. There's a man in front of me wanting to inspect my wound, and my finger is in my mouth. My stomach turns at the thought, as I realize that I am bleeding...but my brain will not let me take it out of my mouth. Then I'll see it..... I can't see it. The site of blood isn't so bad...but the realization that the blood is mine kills me. In slow motion I look at my finger, then at the towel I've just put on the cut, which is immediately stained with blood, MY blood..... the world starts to slow, I feel the sweat on my forehead, the back of my neck, and then the chill on my face. Bad sign.

I headed into the bedroom to collapse on the bed in front of the fan. It took half an hour to stop the bleeding. Sincerely, just a pinch deeper and I'd be missing the end of the damn finger. I can feel my heartbeat throbbing in the end of my finger, can feel the sweat on my brow, and I wonder if I'll pass out or vomit.

WTF makes us put a cut finger into our mouth? I am a germ-a-phobe. No blood! NononononoNOOOO! Now, if I cut my elbow I don't suck on it. Cut a toe? I don't suck on it! WHY a finger?

Mel..........moron of the year! Wheee!!!

2. KrazyZach

KrazyZach New Member

I think its just natural reaction.

3. Pride

Pride New Member

lol well its just like when your a little kid you could get a scrape or something but think nothing of it. then all of a sudden you SEE the blood and then at that moment you realize it hurts...even if its a couple minutes after.

4. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Im not sure on this so please dont quote me hehe
    but most of us i think from babyhood and childhood, when we hurt ourselves, the mother always kissed it better, so i guess in a way its from that , that we suck our fingers, or perhaps from having dummies in our mouths as babies a natural instinct..

i dont know really to be honest, i know i do it when i cut my fingers as well...

I hope the finger doesnt need stiches by the ways Mel

(( Off topic, I still get a tingle seing your back lol, got to be the sexiest looking female back ive ever seen ))

5. Steel

Steel Member

I can relate… I’m a germaphobe as well with a twinge of OCD. I wash my hands like 23 times a day !

6. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

How do you people ever have sex
    if you have such a problem with germs

I had a m8 once who couldnt go to the toilet without using an entire toilet roll to cover the floor beneath his feet and around the toilet itsself , and then half of another roll just to wipe clean....wtf...

A b-day is awsome.for cleaning down there.

Anyone for a mud fight :p...

Seriously Mel hows the finger now ?

7. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

Fear. And ease of access. When you suck or bite on your finger you are applying pressure to the wound which gives a bit of ease. And you mentally know that once you take it out, the pressure stops and it will start to hurt again. Maybe you are in fear of that pain?