I was trying to melt down some grease to conserve as i've seen cups of grease around the stove. We had burgers last night and needed to also clean the pan. I turned by back for a moment to deal with some dishes and i look back to check on see how much was liquefied and theres a fire underneath the pan :O, i freaked out not sure what it was so my first instinct was to pour water on it. Bad mistake made the flames a foot high. It's only then i flashed back to school where i was told never put water on a grease fire. I panicked and just placed the pan back on the stove and turned it off, which got rid of the fire. Scariest damn thing ever....thank God there was no fire damage.