Why does she want me to say i love her?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by theone, Sep 3, 2007.

1. theone

theone New Member

So after trying to hold it in my GF kinda found out from a drunk friend i was inlove with her but i didnt want to tell her yet, but today she ask me to tell her that i love her, but she doesnt love me yet she really cares bout me but doesnt love me even tho drunk last nite she said she does but jus a question why would u gurls want to know and hear that the boy loves you if you dont love them yet

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

My advice is to never question why a female wants you to do something. Just do it. Many of us, especially young ones, are not very rationally-minded creatures. If you start to analyze why a female wants you to do something you'll slowly go insane.

You love this girl, so tell her. Maybe hearing you say it will make her change her mind about the way she feels about you.

Also, sorry to be a bitch but this is an adult forum and as such, we expect our members to write like adults. So please, let's have none of this text-message high school speak. You're too old to be in high school anyway. :)

#2 Puss_in_boots, Sep 3, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  3. cook74

Gold Member

Personally, if I don't tell my partner I love her at least a few times a day I'm in trouble:nerv

If you love her what's the problem with saying it out loud??? It might make her happy and it doesn't cost you anything.

4. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

Why didn't you want to tell her yet? Personally i would be concerned with telling someone i love them knowing they didn't feel the same but if you do feel it theres no harm in letting her know.
    She told you she loved you when she was drunk so maybe she does feel the same but is afraid to say and wants you to start it :shrug

5. MrFusion

MrFusion New Member

Saying "I Love You" is huge if you are any kind of a decent person. There are those that will say what they have to to get their genitals in a favorable situation at the time, but if you really have to think about it, you're probably genuine about your feelings.

Whhat emerlyj said above could be true. Saying "I love you" makes you completely vulnerable at the time. What happens if the receiver doesn't have mutual feelings? They might wig out and just leave because it's too much. They might say "oh, I didn't think this was any kind of serious thing we had going on" and distance themselfs that way, another option is they might laugh it off trying to use humor to defect a very odd situation. They also just might need some time to process that feeling / statement. You also can't forget the possibility that they feel the same way and needed to make sure you felt the same way too!

Whatever the case, I think you need to make your feelings known at some point in the near future. It's obviously eating you up and that's not good for you. You need to get your feelings known and see what happens. If the feeling is mutual (or even has the possibility of being mutual) then I think it can probably only better your relationship. If the feeling is not mutual, then you have gotten it off your chest and found out sooner rather than later that this person does not feel the same way about you. It will hurt, but not as much as if you keep it inside for much longer.

As for her saying it when she was drunk, that could be taken a few different ways. We don't know the dynamics of your current relationship nor how your GF acts when intoxicated.

Good luck!

6. Dreama

Gold Member

I, for one, don't think you should be pressured into doing something you're uncomfortable with. I would look at my reasons for being nervous about them, and deal with it. The solution will come in due time if you do that...

7. Barbwire

Gold Member

Puss, this is, by far, the most accurate thing I've ever seen posted here or anywhere else on the internet. :D

8. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Thanks, Cowboy Lover. My SO tells me that I'm insane, but less insane than most of the younger women he knows. :lol

9. deckard_cain

deckard_cain New Member

Women's minds are totally predictable....it just involves some higher form of mathematics that, when utilized, will cause the Mississippi and the Nile to flow backwards, Wal-Mart to allow workers to unionize and receive full benefits, and a certain political leader to reach into his deep, oil rich pockets and pay for the safe return of every single American soldier in Iraq.

Too bad we don't have that yet....maybe we could Google it? :p

10. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

I am pretty good at knowing what a woman wants and what she will do. I don't have a clue why she will do it. Most of the time it defies logic. I don't agree with doing what she wants all the time. That is a good way to become a doormat. I do what I want all the time and let her know I do what I want. I also want to do what she likes a lot and do that, only because I want to. My lady ask me to fix the electric window in her car. I said "no, I don't like working on those" and I don't. She has also started thinking of me as her on call mechanic. I don't want the job.:dgrin

11. Martin_Baker

Martin_Baker New Member

Puss, all I have to say is Amen to that. A truer word has never been spoken. Can they incorporate this as the first paragraph of a book issued to all boys at a very young age? :lol:lol:lol