Why do you live where you do?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lbushwalker, Apr 11, 2011.

1. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Well for me it is like this;
    Far enough from where I originate such that nobody will likely ever follow.
    Tropical but not heavenly.
    Bottom line is I am always with........... with my heart!

2. awakened

awakened New Member

Only because my husband brought me here. I would love to live somewhere else, less populated, less humid.

3. Moon

Moon New Member

I love being so close to the city, but I do wish for my hidden away country cottage sometimes

4. talldarknaverage

talldarknaverage New Member

I live where I live because my famliy is here, and I managed to get a great job, continuing education and so forth. Have since built a wonderful group of friends that make me want to stay... even though I HATE WINTER, HATE IT- HATE IT. The economy here is always a bit better than the national average, lots to do , good music scene, bars, parks, trees, lakes....

5. GreyGoose

Gold Member

Well I lived in NY until I was 17 family moved to NJ I was there till I was 22 my family moved to NC I thought a new start would be nice so I moved too. Well 4 months no work I was bout to move to NY but visited a friend in FL and moveed there spur of the moment. Well after starting a family and 3 pay cuts we left FL ans moved near her family in TN and that sucked so we moved near my family in NC and all was great until I was laid off. 8 months later I found a job 2 hrs away in a place I never heard and that's how we ended up here. I would like to move back to FL or SC.

6. luvbug

Gold Member

I was born here....my family is here.....I love the country..Im not a city girl at all.

7. backcheck64

Gold Member

OH Bug, you'd hate our lifestyle LOL.

Moved here as a kid, Started a business after college here so lots of ties to the community. Great schools here for the kids, only an hour and a half from St Louis so we can live the city life but not have to lock our house, rarely lock the cars, I never even take the key off the quad when it's parked on the side of the house. Rush hour lasts 15 min, yet within an hour, all the higher end shops my wife likes. Very low cost of living and pretty low taxes. Katy rail trail runs through here so plenty of biking, lakes for kayaking, the Lake of the Ozarks is 40 min away, Mizzou 30 min away. And being in the middle of the country, we can vacation anywhere in the US fairly easily. We've travelled coast to coast and a large part of Canada and and theres only two places we'd move to, Cape Cod and Vermont.

8. Meee

Gold Member

I live in a suburb of Washington, DC. I still live with my parents and I go to a local college. I grew up here and I'm comfortable here. It's a very international community. Also I think the college is a good fit for me.

When we immigrated to the United States, we were basically placed here. There is a big Russian-language community and good support systems for new immigrants.

9. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

hehe exactly why I live where I live. Plus hey it's New Zealand LOL

10. BlueLizard

BlueLizard New Member

First wife was from Georgia. Her dad was sick when I got out of the Army...she wanted to be closer to him (SOB lived 3 more years...and was only supposed to go for 6 months). I liked it here...so much different from where I was raised in Southern California. Now live on 6 acres of Paradise...close enough to the big city if we wanna go there...peace & quiet inthe country when we don't...

11. 33stack

Gold Member

what's the weather like in New Zealand?

12. JGB191

JGB191 Member

Born in the deep south part of Texas, lived here all my life, and my life shall conclude here in South Texas. This is my area, my home, my world, and I never desire to leave it. It's really nothing else other than home town pride keeps me here, and in my opinion we have the greatest climate in the world ranging from 72 F (22 C) degrees in January to 104 F (40 C) degrees in July; that is always a plus. Snow is a once-in-a-lifetime freak of nature occurrence.

13. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

It varies :) sometimes you can have four seasons in one day but today is clear kinda warm and lovely.

14. Trond

Gold Member

I live in the area of Montreal, Canada. We came here because they had funds for my research. Apart from the brutal winters, I love Montreal. It has a French-speaking majority, but you can get by with English, and there are tons of other cultures in the mix. Montreal has very high concentrations of universities, churches, art galleries and strip clubs, all of which add to the charm of this place.:)

15. Jolay

Jolay New Member

I was born in NYC although I have lived in different places all over NY, Queens presently, I lived in Brooklyn and various areas in Queens. I did live in other states for short periods of times too. We are moving to the southern areas soon, my husband wants to go there, I like to follow where ever he leads. I like to be positive about everything, so I am sure I will love it. Living in the country should be really different for me. I guess I will turn into a farm gal one way or the other. Fucking in a barn sounds rather delicious to me. LOL

16. backcheck64

Gold Member

Here, January is in the twenties but often will drop to -10 with wind chills to -25, July upper 90s with days to 110 with heat indicies to 128. Had over 40 inches of snow this winter.

17. JGB191

JGB191 Member

In that case, our all time high was 119 degrees (actually recorded several times in our history), we've actually recorded 100s in all twelve calendar months, I think we're the only state in the nation to have recorded 100s in January. In contrast our all-time lowest of lows ever was 23 degrees (above zero, needless to say).

18. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Like I said before Jolay, I am loving you more by the minute..........hay fucking...yeah!
    Done it on fresh shorn fleece in a shearing shed.
    Smell of sheep piss overpowering but hey it was an experience!

19. nyxx

nyxx New Member

i live here because it was to far to commute to school

20. Intimidator

Intimidator New Member

I live where I live for my family
    I have a great job I make a decent wage with no fear of ever being out of work
    my wife was allowed to stay at home with our children
    my kids go to great public schools and are subjected to good people with little to no crime
    yes there are better places to live but not for the safety and well being of my family

if not for them my ass would be in Grand Camen LOL
    still contimplating New Zealand though