[Ask a Girl] Why do women cheat?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by pawg69lover, Jul 7, 2012.

1. pawg69lover

pawg69lover New Member

Just curious as to why women cheat? Do they cheat for different reasons compared to men? Who do you think cheats more...men or women?

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

Asking why women chest is an extremely loaded question. Why do men cheat? Can't answer that any more then why women do.

Nobody can definitively say why someone cheats, man or woman.

The easy answer is humans aren't monogamous by nature. Simply by social standards. We are meant biologically to fuck as many as possible and to spread our seed and DNA in effect spreading our best traits to the world.

So the question is less why do men or women cheat, its why do humans cheat.

3. tiffers

tiffers Member

Not feelin that excuse....

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

Its not an excuse, its what it is. It doesn't make cheating right or acceptable at all but I can't tell you what you want to hear.

5. EarthboundEnigma

Gold Member

This may be my biased opinion, but I believe women usually cheat because their partner is failing to give them something. Men usually cheat due to a lack of self control.

Not presenting this as fact, just my own limited observation.

6. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

Only heard a woman cheat because she doesn't feel loved or wanted by her man. Why is it normal for a man to cheat and crazy for a woman? Not that I think cheating is right either way.

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

Even animals that pair-bond cheat, so there is not one species identified that doesn't. I have two relationships with married women at the moment. One has a husband who has a heart problem and isn't able to have sex, although I suspect that if he wanted to he could. The other married woman has a husband who isn't so much interested in sex, so she gets the interesting sex with me.

Both women have reasons for cheating, and they are both sexually dissatisfied. I'm also sexually dissatisfied, so I expect this is the underlying reason of many who have affairs.

Dissatisfaction can be quantity, quality or both.

8. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I'm inclined to think along these lines too.

9. 12barblues

Gold Member

I just yanked this from another thread from several months ago but I think the explanation I gave there applies to this topic as well....

........................................................................................................

i agree....and if you think about it...we (men) are mostly to blame for creating these inhibitions in women...because as men we want our lovers to be sexual animals, horny nasty slutty...but as fathers we expect our daughters to be virginal, pristine little creatures that would never let "billie" do THAT to her...problem is, every woman is some mans daughter. Is it any wonder they have all this conflict inside? any wonder why they choose a man that is" responsible", "stable", "a good father" ( for a husband) but wont open themselves up sexually because they need that relationship to be "respectful"? But they burn inside and seek to release those desires with the "bad boy" ...the guy who pulls her hair and throws her on the floor and looses his mind and fucks her with a savage lust that she doesnt get from her "gentle, good father, respectable" husband. and the poor husband, he's convinced that she could never "want" to be treated "that" way...because every time he tries, she shuts him down because she doesnt want to be a "slut" ....

What a fucking viscious cycle....the only way it can end is if you have a respectable, stable, kind relationship outside the bedroom. But inside the bedroom? we as men should be the good guy outside the bedroom and the badboy inside it...and she should be my princess outside it and my whore inside it......

But I could be wrong.....and i probably think too much....lol.

10. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

I don't believe in cheating and I would never have the heart and guts to do. I've been cheated on before with my first legit LTR girlfriend when she started seeing a 60+ yr old guy who was buying her Coach bags, Prada, jewelry...things that she wanted from a broke 20 yr old college student that was able to make enough money on the side to pay for bills, school supplies, and to take us out on dates...and oh yea put gas in my car...that's been my only experience with cheating as the topic/focus in my life in a relationship.

11. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

When I cheated, it was because I wanted to have sex with another person. It was just that simple. I was not lacking anything in my current relationship. I was just horny, immature, and I did not care who I hurt. I did my best to hide it but I just wanted sex with other men/women and I didn't think anyone would find out. So I did it.

I do not really believe in long term monogamy but I also understand the hurt that comes with being lied to by someone you love. The only different between me then and now is currently I respect my SO enough to not cheat on him because I know it is not acceptable and he doesn't deserve that. So now when I am in a relationship, I don't cheat because I know it is not right or fair. I still want to though.

12. pbs

pbs
    Gold Member

Spot on 12bb :tup

13. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

You sound exactly like me, except I didn't try very hard to hide my "indiscretion" but admitted it when I was asked. I did make it clear to the guy I was seeing that I wasn't ready to settle down to having sex with just one person and he had a choice of sharing me or leaving. He chose to stay and we lasted for about 8 years with others on the side.

Nowadays, I couldn't bring myself to cheat on my current partner.

14. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

I tried to hide it but eventually told him. We decided to stay together and work things out. Trust was an issue for a couple years but we eventually got over it. I think being faithful is a decision. Once you decide to be with one person, you just do it. That has been my experience.

15. AGFUNK

Gold Member

In some of my past relationships I cheated and my reasons were either I couldn't just be with that one person, he wasn't giving me what I needed/wanted or that I didn't have any self control.

16. thuumpa

thuumpa New Member

Interesting question although if it's called "cheating", what rules are we using? Too much negative connotation for me. Why not "affair" or "fling"? Much more fun :D

17. hoonos

hoonos New Member

Some people cheat simply because they have brow beat their SO into thinking that they are irreplaceable and "too valuable" a commodity to be easily replaced. Others cheat because they have sucked the life out of their SO and no longer are interested in them.
    My take is if you feel the need to cheat, file for divorce and in this way you will only be screwing up one person's life.

18. Fungirl

Fungirl New Member

Well I can only speak for myself but I've cheated for lots of reasons. To get back at a guy, just cuz I wanted to and I'm a bad person, because I was drunk and didn't even remember it.

19. MordsithLove

Gold Member

My reason into looking to cheat was because I simply am not confident in my sex life, have only had one partner ever, havent had the chance to get the curiosity out of me and also my SO cheated on me which started my insecurities. My SO and I (IMO) have good sex and a mediocre/good foreplay (working on it), but all it took was one attractive guy to say some very naughty things to me and I was breaking my neck to keep it around. Thankfully this guy lived states away, an had a life of his own to think of (married with a kid and leaving the army). Had he been single, I think I would've cheated.

To put it straight I feel the cheating temptation came from me not having my moment to explore and have fun with no regrets. I've been with my SO for 8 yrs (since I was 15) now I'm almost 24, and feel like I might be missing out on life as just me. To avoid of cheating for both he and I, I am here looking for new ways to spice it up for us. To keep each other interested and excited to one another, and well easily put "betcha that chick can't handle you like I can my love!" :D

20. pawg69lover

pawg69lover New Member

Seems to me that men primarily cheat from physical motivations and women for emotional motivations although this is not set in stone...I imagine some women cheat just to get a good hard fuck that her husband/bf won't/can't give her and some men cheat to feel wanted and desired when his wife/gf isn't making him feel that way...