Why do females orgasm?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Maddox, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Maddox

Maddox New Member

What's the biological function for a female orgasm? Men have one to release the semen...howbout the flip side?

Well an answer would be nice...thanks ladies :)

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

Um...incentive?

3. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

Do female animals orgasom?
    It seems unlikely because there are a lot of male animals that cum quickly and that makes it seem unlikely that their female counter parts cum.

4. Bluesy

Gold Member

Well, knock me down with a feather...I would've agreed with you before looking it up: "There is nothing in female mammals’ anatomy or physiology, that contradicts that stimulation of the sexual organs and mating is able to be a positive experience. For instance, the clitoris acts in the same way as with women, and scientific studies have shown that the success of reproduction is improved by stimulation of clitoris on (among other species) cows and mares in connection with insemination, because it improves the transportation of the sperm due to contractions of the inner genitalia. This probably also concerns female animals of other animal species, and contractions in the inner genitals are seen e.g. also during orgasm for women. It is therefore reasonable to assume that sexual intercourse may be linked with a positive experience for female animals."

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_sexuality#Sex_for_pleasure

I didn't know non-human female mammals had a clitoris! Can you imagine being the lucky bastard that gets to stimulate a cow's clitoris during insemination? :ugh :nerv

5. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

Interesting, but I still wonder how much pleasure an female animal recieves if the sex only last like 5 or 10 seconds like in some animals.

6. Bluesy

Gold Member

Ah, but, my dear, humans aren't the only ones to masturbate ;) You didn't read far enough:

"Masturbation is common in the animal kingdom ... We have a Darwinist mentality that all animals only have sex to procreate. But there are plenty of animals who will masturbate when they have nothing better to do. Masturbation has been observed among primates, deer, killer whales and penguins, and we're talking about both males and females. They rub themselves against stones and roots. Orangutans are especially inventive. They make dildos of wood and bark."

Here's another goodie: "The female porcupine will use a stick as a vibrator, holding one end of a stick between her paws and walk around, straddling the stick as it bumps against the ground and vibrates against her genitalia."

7. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I actually remember seeing a special on sex on Discover a few years ago. The way that the muscles contracts it seems to assist the semen enter the cervix and then the uterus. It was unknown to science until just recently. I could be wrong, it was a long time ago, did anyone else catch it, it was like a five or six part series done by some british doctor.

8. excal04

excal04 New Member

:lol That would most certainly be an interesting evening.

9. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

Interesting, I did the same thing when I was little. When I went for hikes of walks I would put a stick between my legs and walk to feel the vibration