Why did you join SF?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Barbwire, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

I asked this question a few years ago here and got a lot of interesting responses so I figured I'd ask it again of our current members.

Why did you join SF?

I joined over 3 years ago to try to learn new things to turn my husband on. (He was disinterested in sex at the time.) I also joined to find guys to have instant messaging chats with, not necessarily for cyber sex but to at least talk about sex with to get a man's point of view.

I'm happy to say that thanks to SF my sex life has improved dramatically and I made some guy pals that I can discuss anything I want with without feeling odd. I also found one special man that is pretty much my virtual husband and whom I adore.

(It turns out that my libido is more than just one man can handle. I'm glad my hubby accepts that and encourages me to get funky with hubby #2 as often as I want.)

2. wilber

wilber Member

I wish I had a witty or intelligent response but no such luck. My reason is: It seemed like a good idea at the time. I do participate in forums elsewhere, on both sexual and nonsexual sites. I guess I do it as a form of informal socializing.

3. melo

melo New Member

I just joined yesterday. I was bored, horny, and my girlfriend wasn't home. 1 and 1 and 1 is three.

4. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

I think the biggest reason I joined was because of the wealth of information I had found while lurking for a little while. I figured it would be in bad form to take so much, and not contribute. As a member of a different forum with a few more duties than most, I know a little bit about how things work.

That, and I just couldn't get enough of CL.:p

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

Yeah, we don't pay her enough. :lol

6. melo

melo New Member

I'm actually glad I stumbled on this site somehow... It's a respectful sex forum it's rather nicer than the "!@# my girlfriend and her friend: here's the link" "virus detected" garbage you get elsewhere. So thank you for this site :)

7. LilBAM

Gold Member

Part of the reason is because I had wanted to understand a situation with my sexuality and curiosity. On top of that, a good friend of mine who recently became comfortable enough to start having sex with her fiance started telling me about it, since I was also very...sheltered from this stuff. When I first heard about it, I got very interested in everything sex-related. I came here and saw this was a nice place to discuss sex topics, and like melo said, no viruses or anything dumb like that. Thanks everyone.:)

8. JustNaughty

JustNaughty New Member

I agree with everyone else.It's cozy & homey as well,I feel very comfortable here.Also,my bf now is the 2nd guy I've ever slept with (and I'm in my 30's,married for 17 yrs,but going thru divorce) so this forum gives me many idea's as well as advice for us,since I am his first.So with us both lacking much experience,this site is awesome! All the people here are so great & super nice :)
    Or,I can go the other way & just say I'm a dirty girl & I like to see the sex talk posted in here,cuz that's true too >:)

9. HotCassie

HotCassie New Member

Because I love sex & love talking about it.

10. HorneyHarleyChic

HorneyHarleyChic New Member

I joined because I to am naughty girl love reading post and I am also bi curious. Looking for friends to hang out with! This is an awesome place to hang out at!

11. HardRocker

Gold Member

Yep. Hopefully getting more awesome all the time. If all of you stick around we should be able to have a great time. It's nice to see some intelligent new people joining up.
    I was worrying that we'd never get it across that we aren't just a wank site.

Don't forget we have an erotic literature forum here, so if you want to try your hand at writing, this is a good place to do it.

:phat And remember, there is a red flag in the lower left of every post where you can report improper activity.

Thanks, all.
    HR

12. allgirlschool

allgirlschool New Member

so i can chat to others with the same sexual interests as me, so far so good

13. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

When I joined back in 06'.......there was a whole cast of characters on this site.....some have gone but others have taken their place....:)
    Its a funny thing you know.....internet forums.....you get to know people intimately that your probably never going to meet in real life, yet become very attached to them because of the personal feelings, fears, experiences and intimate stuff that we are all here to share.
    For me, SF is all about being able to share all this things with others who like to do the same....and discuss things that you probably wouldn't share with even your closest friends in real life.
    A place where everybody is welcome to share their thoughts, concerns, personal issues, kinks or just an honest opinion and support with what is happening in their lives.
    This place is more than just a sex site.....it's more of a community.:eek:rgy
    Fair to say, we have had more than our share of troubles with the site in recent months, but I feel we are turning the corner and things are just gonna' get better for all of us in the future:D

14. Beach

Beach New Member

Well said HW..Although a relative newcomer, I enjoy the genuine people I have ran across here.
    IDK why/how I initially came to find SF..I am a research junkie so I'd imagine I was trying to sleuth out some haunting dark sex related mystery. Lol...
    It might have been the elusive female EJ..Thats about the time frame when I made that discovery. heheh..

15. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Hot wheels sums up a lot of my reasons very well. I like to talk sex but so many places are just to far over the line. It seems here that there is a good base of people that honestly want to help or answer questions and at the same time, say it like it is. I actually was searching for an email partner to do this but found nothing good there. So far this forum is very comfortable to me and i hope to get to know some of the members much better.

16. Marcpatrick

Marcpatrick New Member

Hi, I just joined today and this will be my very first post on this forum.
    Hello everyone!

I joined this forum because I like discussing sex (amongst numerous other things). Not necessarily in a naughty way (although I like that too ;) ), but I believe through discussing stuff with other people you get a bigger picture of the world, of others and yourself.

Hopefully I can learn a lot from others and contribute constructively to this forum too.

See ya around!

17. sexislovely

sexislovely New Member

Like Marcpatrick I just joined last night and this is my first post. I have to totally agree with him, as well as the previous two posts. It appears to be adult, informative and excellent information here and very interesting as well. I know I'll enjoy my stay.

I particularly enjoy Cowboy Lover and her wonderful stories .. Thanks all!

18. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Hello to Markpatrick and Sexislovley, look forward to posting with you, a big welcome to you!

19. Mittimer

Gold Member

Just a friendly reminder to our two new folks who've posted (Marc and Sex) if you haven't already, please be sure to post in the member introductions part of the website.
    Introduce yourself and allow people to formally welcome you in a thread all your own!

:)

I don't recall if I've already posted on here, but I joined Sf to voice concerns I was having in my relationship and I wanted some outside view points on it. I loved it here, so I stayed :)

20. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Welcome to marcpatrick and sexislovely:welcome

as Mitt suggested, how about posting in the new members section and introducing yourselves......

And were glad you did too....:D