Who's your favorite Bond?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Trond, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Trond

Gold Member

Whether as an idol or a celebrity crush, who's your favorite James Bond? :)
    Here's a review:

Sean Connery
    sean-connery11.jpg?w=570

George Lazenby
    laz_london.jpg

Roger Moore
    Tom-Ford-for-James-Bond-Skyfall-Roger-Moore.jpg

Timothy Dalton
    829.jpg

Pierce Brosnan
    [​IMG]

Daniel Craig
    [​IMG]

2. wetness1

Gold Member

Gotta be Daniel Craig

3. Trond

Gold Member

Myself, I'm split between the first and the last: Connery and Craig are the best IMO. I think I prefer Connery actually. I also have some fond memories of the Moore movies. He was James Bond for a long time, so that's who I remember as a kid (although my father used to rent the old Connery movies). Moore is much softer around the edges than Connery, but at least he has a great sense of humor (seriously, many of the gags in the Moore movies were introduced by the actor himself). In fact, I also think the humor is one thing that Connery pulled off better than Craig, but Craig has lots of good things going for him.

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Roger Moore

5. Trond

Gold Member

I wonder if the author Ian Fleming's "ideal" Bond would look like Connery and sound like Moore (Fleming himself had an 'upper class' English accent). My wife and I have recently seen some of the old Connery movies, maybe I'll check out "Live and Let die" with Moore next.:)

6. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

I'm tied between Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig. Both guys are bad ass. I've seen all the bond films, but my favorite by far are the ones with Brosnan and Craig. Have not seen the latest one yet so don't ruin it for me! :p

7. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Havent posted on here in forever but i have to now lol.

Craig is excellent and the newest one i think shows his personality the best. Flemmings bond was sort of a self destructive character like the newer movies. Although there was outrage cause flemmings bond was not blonde haha.

Connery may be my favorite. Dont like moore. All i remember of roger moore is him being in a chase with some guys in a truck or something and shooting their tires out. Really bond? You have license to kill. Connery would have blown them away.

Im surprised dalton gets no love. License to kill is a bad ass movie. Hes a more serious emotional bond like daniel craig. His character has really grown on me.

Lazenby wasnt that bad. The movie he was in killed him. Poor dubbing and lame story. I would like to have seen him in more. I believe he said himself the character was too much for him.

I say its probably a tie between connery and craig after this latest one. Some people didnt like it but i loved how its such a simple throwback type movie.

8. Trond

Gold Member

Yeah, I agree with most of this. Connery's Bond was probably the most cold-blooded. We were supposed to feel a little guilty about liking him. :D

9. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Haha yeah that makes sense. Not quite an anti-hero but not a goodie good either.

Honestly i think craig channels a lot more of connery than people realize at first glance. Dark humor, no emotional attachment, not squeamish about doing whatever he has to to get his job done. Definitely an "ends justify the means" kind of guy.

But like i said dalton was that way too. He just didnt come along at the real high point of the franchise.

Brosnan deserves alot of credit for bringing it back to relevance but i didnt like the style of movies. Not his fault. It wasnt his fault the writers and producers made movies that were bigger spoofs of themselves than the austin powers movies were. Wind surfing on a windshield? Driving a boat down the street? Retractable spikes coming out of your tires for the ice? A cloaking device on your car?!

I like the simplified new bond

10. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

The last Bond movie Brosnan made was the worst of the Bond movies he's been in. The first two I enjoyed even with the over the top style of the movies. I liked the remote controlled BMW :lol

11. backcheck64

Gold Member

A tie between Connery and Craig. Different types, but both fit the spy well. Roger Moore was a pretty boy pussy. Lazenby not bad. Brosnan wasn't too bad, Dalton was pure CRAP.

12. Texas_Red

Gold Member

I never saw any of the old Bond movies, save a small bit of one with Connery. Didn't like it. First Bond movie I saw had Brosnan in it, and I thought he fit the role pretty well. Craig looks fitting as well, a bit more rough than Brosnan, but not bad guy rough. Moore looks like what I'd expect a Bond to look like as well. Connery just looks off. Lazenby looks like he should be playing a beat cop or a butler. Dalton has a bad guy look about him, like a henchman.

13. Trond

Gold Member

Speaking of what he should look like. I never read any of Flemings original Bond stories, but when I looked it up on the almighty Wikipedia, I found that Fleming actually drew the character he had made up:

200px-Fleming007impression.jpg

14. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Haha looks like peter cushing

15. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Or michael fassbender lol

16. Barbwire

Gold Member

I used to think that Daniel Craig was one hot Bond but, after seeing "Cowboys and Aliens" I lost all respect for him.

17. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Hahaha thats not fair. Did you lose respect for harrison ford too?

Ever seen zardoz? Not exactly the high point of sean connery's career lol

18. Essene

Gold Member

Pierce and Roger are THE epitome of the collective facets that make Bond, Bond to me. The newest Bond's head is shaped far too much like an apple. I wouldn't usually include the shape of one's head as an aspect of their character; but Bond is supposed to be, simultaneously mind you, rugged, suave, handsome, manly, cunning, witty, etc, etc, etc... Round heads don't exude manliness to me. The Easter Island heads, however, do.

19. CurvedUp

CurvedUp Member

Sean Connery old school for sure.

Daniel Craig with CGI. He would never make it in the 60's.

This is from not a cono sur of Bond, but seen enough. Now let us talk about Dean Martin in the spoof of Matt Helm.

20. CurvedUp

CurvedUp Member

Think Peter Cushing was last in the first Stars Wars sega as the LORD VATOR flunky. Never been able to figure that connection out. But who cares?

Yet he did have vage control for the Darth not to not choke the guy with the evil Force. LOL

nope here it is.
    Biggles: Adventures in Time (1986)

Never thought he would have lived another 9 years to do another movie. Cool for him.

#20 CurvedUp, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012