Who woulda thunk it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by loveit247, Apr 21, 2008.

1. loveit247

Gold Member

I cannot believe that my SO and I are back. He was so loving this weekend and was just like the boy I fell in love with again. He is back to being the affectionate bear he was!
    I can't even begin to express how happy I am. :D

2. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

That...

...sounds wonderful and I'm very happy for you!

Having said that, consider the word maturity and what it means; Is it reasonable, is it mature to think that everything is just fine now? Or is it likely to take more time for you both to make the changes in yourselves that you said you wanted to make?

It is said to take about a month to form new habits yet it is also said to take around 18 months for emotional changes to take hold, be it a death or some other trauma or a personal 'issue' such as what you've shared with the class. Those are ONLY rules of thumb and with humans, obviously, longer and shorter are clear possibilities depending on the individual(s). Wisdom and maturity is when you can tell where you are and what you need to be doing...and doing it. So, that's all I'm saying!

My goal isn't to rain on your parade; far from it. It would warm my heart to to hear that you both have grown up a good bit and are maturing just fine. There isn't a reason in the world, given what you've described, that the two of you can't be happy and healthy with each other for the rest of your lives!

3. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

:tup Well said LP......
    *HW wishes loveit and her SO every sucess for their future*:)

4. loveit247

Gold Member

Oh yes, we are far from "out of the woods". I know that. There is loads of work to be done. I am just happy that those feelings of love and security are back. I now know he wants to be with me and work as hard as I do. It feels great.

I was just at my therapy session now and we are working on communication and exploring my various motivations. I was saying to her that we can't rush this because I want to have a solid foundation to build a future on and that will only happen if I am strong in myself.

LOL! I know you are just concerned LP, thanks about that. Rest assured, I am very aware that it is not all hunky dory and all our problems are all gone.
    I am a serious realist, it's just nice to share enjoyable time with him.
    Besides, he goes overseas for 10 days on Saturday, so let me gush! :( ;)
    Just kidding.