Who likes Candlebox?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeah, that old band from the 90s. OH WAIT, THEY'RE BACK! They toured last summer and have an album coming out sometime this year. Anybody else a fan? Being a huge fan of Pearl Jam it's hard to NOT like these guys... their music is relatively similar, yet so different.

As of lately due to my recent breakup, I ironically stumbled across yet another song by Candlebox I like. This particular song I feel as though it was written for me. The way the lyrics are written and the way they are sang just hits me really hard. The song is called "Sometimes." Fantastic song...

Anyway, anybody else a fan?

2. Bella

Gold Member

Jayce, I am! :rockon
    They are awesome in concert! :woohoo
    Think they are coming sometime this month around here,
    but don't think I will be able to go! :(
    I love "live" music! :cheer
    ~Bella

3. Localboy_808

Localboy_808 New Member

"Far Behind" is one of my favorite songs.

4. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeah, Far Behind is a damn good tune. That probably comes in at 2nd on my list.

It's Alright is good too.

And the way "You" end cracks me up. It's so damn true... especially with what I'm dealing with now since I'm slowly turning from the depressed state to upset/semi bitter state...

"Pain in my heart it is real. And I'll tell you now how I feel inside... Fuck you! It's for you!"

Love it... :cool

5. Jayce

Gold Member

Alright, question for you fans out there. The song "It's Alright", anybody familiar with it?

Question is this. At like 3:30 in the song (around there) there's like a random guitar solo, then the song gets this rock-out style for a bit. Then at 4:10ish it goes back to the regular tune of the song. I figured this was just how it was, until I saw the music video on youtube. There, they don't have the random guitar solo thing. I was wondering if the version I have is a remix or something????

6. Bella

Gold Member

I don't know, but they are coming to The Swamp on the 25th of this month! :cheer
    ~Bella

7. HardRocker

Gold Member

I have never heard of them. I must have been absent that day.

8. Jayce

Gold Member

A lot of people haven't, and those who have all claim that Candlebox is incredibly underrated... including me. Pearl Jam is my favorite band, however Candlebox is so unbelievably talented that it's hard to say "Pearl Jam is my favorite." It's more like "Candlebox AND Pearl Jam are my favorite." :D

Damn good band though... if you get a chance, I recommend Far Behind, Cover Me, You, Sometimes, Happy Pills, and It's Alright.... damn good tunes.

9. HardRocker

Gold Member

I looked up their website.
    http://www.candleboxrocks.com/flash_index.html After the intro, click the player in the top right to play about 12 songs.

The first song was blues, then they ripped out some really good rock. Other cuts were clearly the '90s Seattle sound.

They've officially got the HardRocker seal of approval. :rockon

10. rabbitt

rabbitt New Member

I grew up listening to them with my dad.