Which would you pick...

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Silverfox, Dec 29, 2013.

?

Good Lover or Good Personality

1. Good Lover

14.3%
  2. Good Personality

85.7%
  1. Silverfox

Gold Member

I don't think a poll has been done exactly like this one. But, here it is.

I know this is an either/or question, and reality is we want both, but if you had to pick, which would it be? And why.

I picked good personality because sexual technique can be taught.

alwaystry and luvbug like this.
  2. Mittimer

Gold Member

I picked personality for the same reason. Sex should be learned between partners anyway.

luvbug and Silverfox like this.
  3. Mikey22

Gold Member

I also picked personality, For the same reasons

4. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

I picked personality because I have to live with it 365 days a year. A lover is once a month. LOL

5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Same here because no matter how attractive or good in the cot if she isn't a nice personality I don't really want her.
    For me sex is about connecting so if I can't make that connection I really struggle with the physical.
    That may not have been so when I was younger but now am a little wiser and more experienced ;)

Country_Lily and Silverfox like this.
  6. backcheck64

Gold Member

Why would anyone choose one over the other. She has to be very attractive, very fit, great personality, caring, share interests, AND be good in bed, or the couch, or kitchen table. If you plan on having a long term relationship or marriage, all must be present.

7. backcheck64

Gold Member

Why would anyone choose one over the other. She has to be very attractive, very fit, great personality, caring, share interests, AND be good in bed, or the couch, or kitchen table. If you plan on having a long term relationship or marriage, all must be present.

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Simply because it is a choice that is demanded here, it is hypothetical in order to understand what is the most important element.
    Nobody in their right mind would do it otherwise!

Country_Lily likes this.
  9. backcheck64

Gold Member

Then what's the point of the question? It's like asking which I prefer, a Vauxhal or Citroen, neither of which is available in the US. While I do know a couple of guys that married extremely ugly women because they were supposedly great in bed and another that married an extremely unpleasant women for the same reason. The longest lasted 2 yrs.

10. Silverfox

Gold Member

backcheck64, the point of the question is to get a "gut" reaction. If you read the question,

(I know this is an either/or question, and reality is we want both)

I stated we would probably want both. Having said that, would it surprise you if I told you that on two other forums I'm on, in the US and in Europe, the vote tally is almost 50% for each. So, I asked the question because I wanted to know what the participants of THIS site had to say.

Perhaps I should have made the question as a continuum, not an either or question. Maybe in two years, I'll try it again.
    And I didn't say anything about the length of the relationship, whether it was a one night stand or 50 years together. Perhaps another flaw in the wording and assumptions. Also, I didn't ask anything about physical looks.

Does that explain the question?

#10 Silverfox, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    Country_Lily likes this.
  11. backcheck64

Gold Member

What I'm saying is, why would anyone even consider one without the other. There's a reason for the divorce rate being so high and for those that don't get married, the number of truly crappy relationships. People actually take one over the other. I understood the question, the point is WHY? Picking one over the other is basically settling. When you settle, you're doomed to failure. So what's the point.

12. Silverfox

Gold Member

As I said, the point is to get some gut reaction data, and explanation. That's all.

13. alwaystry

14. CreamyJustice

Gold Member

i chose good personality....like others have said being a good lover can be taught, but also...how many of us have had the lover that rocked our worlds time and time again, but were a complete douchebag in general? **raises hand** lol... took u a while but u finally let go because it wasn't worth all the drama.

15. Essene

Gold Member

Personality is the driving force behind my attraction. As such- the love-making will ride the curtails of the afore mentioned facet.

16. luvbug

Gold Member

Personality.
    There's more to a relationship than sex