Where I've been.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Barbwire, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

I haven't been around much lately and after getting a couple of PM's from folks, I thought I'd explain why.

I have had some ongoing medical issues and have been getting some tests done. Also, one of my horses fell quite ill on Monday and had to be rushed to an equine medical center. He is still there fighting some mystery disease that has yet to be diagnosed.

I appreciate the offers to cyber, fellas, but I'm just not feeling too sexy lately. I'll let you know when my libido amps up again. Until then, please keep me in your thoughts. ;)

2. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

I hope everything turns out alright with you, CL, and with your horse as well. *hugs*

3. Dreama

Gold Member

I'm sorry you've had some unfortunate stuff happen to you and your horse. I hope all ends well!

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Real life always takes precedence over one's virtual life. I too have been dealing with a lot of issues, including family, career, and illness. I hope you're able to get through all everything very soon, and just remember I'm only an email away if you ever need to talk. :)

:hugs:

5. Barbwire

Gold Member

Thanks Joe, Dreama and Puss. :)

I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel with my horse and with any luck he will be coming home tomorrow.

6. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Aww, I hope everything is ok, both with you and your horsey :)

7. nasty

nasty New Member

Sorry to hear about this. I know what it is like to have a pet become ill. You will both be in my thoughts.

8. Barbwire

Gold Member

I brought my horse home from the hospital yesterday. A week in the hospital, $2K in vets bills and his diagnosis is, "fever of unknown origin".

:shrug

Now I can focus on my own health issues. Yippee. :ugh

9. HardRocker

Gold Member

Yes, I believe you'll be needing a hot meat injection... repeatedly until otherwise notified by your doctor. The doctor of luv.:cool

10. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

Ouch, vet bills are the worst.... do you have pet insurance... we had both our dogs insured and it saved us some money, but then we realised it was a waste of time...

Real life first!

11. igor

Gold Member

Hey Cl, they may not know what the fever was or what caused it, but even though it was expensive, you still have him - they did do him some good with the meds and he probably would not have survived without them. I am glad you have your friend back home again.

12. Barbwire

Gold Member

That is a brilliant idea, HR! I will ask my doctor to inject me with hot meat instead of giving me a colonoscopy on Friday and see what he says. :phat

Unfortunately, in the US, you can't get health insurance on horses, one of the reasons is, they are classified as livestock, not pets. You can get life insurance and insurance for colic surgery, but the costs are high and only worth the investment if you have a very valuable animal.

You are right Igor, it doesn't make sense to fret over not knowing what caused the fever, but I'd still like to know in case it was something that could have been prevented so I can keep it from happening again.

It's great to have him home again and I can't wait until he's fully recovered and I can ride him. I've had him since November and only ridden him 3 times. I don't think I've gotten my money's worth yet. LOL!