Where have they all gone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Northside, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Northside

Gold Member

It was sad, for me at least, to see Barbwire leave the forum. She bade us all a farewell and I thought that was a classy thing to do. Now I notice that quite a few avid posters from just a few months ago are no longer posting. No more pics from Somewhatlovely, no SWgirl or Steve Waste. I have voiced my concern about the direction the forum is heading. It mostly fell on deaf ears. It seems that the forum is now comprised of a younger group of people. That certainly isn't a bad thing in itself, but is there a generation gap or something like that happening here? I find myself clicking on fewer posts every day. I don't know if I've seen most everything discussed before and it's just becoming redundant, or if I'm just burning out like others before me. One thing is for sure, this forum isn't as much fun for me as it was a few months ago. Any thoughts, especially from folks who ghave been aaround here a while?

2. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Somewhatlovely is still here under a new identity. I'm still here and I don't think I count as part of the younger group of people.

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

Agreed, SWL is still here under the name NurseHarley. She's posted new pix just the other day.

SWGirl and SWaste, they left on their own accord, and are welcome to come back when they want.

Like Volk said, it's not so much the direction of the site but the fact that people come and go, it's part of what we do.

4. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

Yes and Somewhatlovely (Nurseharley) has quite a few pics in the picture section Pretty in Pink and Lady in Red.
    I don't think I could be lumped in with the younger crowd either

5. lovn_my_bbw

lovn_my_bbw New Member

yea i know its weird with out them here,nursehurley(swl) and barbwire(cowboylover), and one that used to be here alot now i barely see her post is johndeergirl. i too agree with volk on swgirl and steve being the same person. a bit ago i got nosy with one of the mods and was informed that swgirl was confronted about none of the pics in her album being hers which wasnt the first time i heard that, but the mod told me that they both quieted and stopped coming here right after that. makes one wonder. oh well
    this isnt the only forum that ive been on thats slowly slipping away.at least the cock pics and bitchfighting in every thread have slowed down to a very good amount. :D

i may be in the younger group, but this forum was more enjoyable when i first joined not to long ago and the above mentioned folks were still posting like crazy....

6. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

It does seem like SteveWaste and SWgirl could have been the same person...they were way too lovey dovey and their writing style was VERY SIMILAR.

7. lovn_my_bbw

lovn_my_bbw New Member

only he will know....i think it was a he doing all the work :eyes

8. Mittimer

Gold Member

Just a friendly note folks, let's try not to make speculations about members ;)

9. Texas_Red

Gold Member

This.

Also, less QQ, more pew pew. People keep complaining about how much things are sucking/starting to suck/whatever. Are we doing anything to make it better? If not, lets get to it then. :)

10. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

Sorry,I wasn't trying to speculate.I thought maybe it was something just I didn't know about.I remember Barbwire had mentioned them before she left (Swgirl and stevewaste),only reason I brought it up.

I don't think it sucks around here,but then again,I wasn't really here before so I can't compare.

11. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I am somewhat a new member as well. It is quite sad with the loss of Barbwire she was definitely an avid poster when I joined, just sometimes life takes us in different directions and we do what we have to do. For her it was leaving :(

I find myself posting less "interesting topics" because I just don't have anything going on sexually in my life.. I posted all of my relationship drama and now that is said and done... Now I am in search of good internet buddies, therefore I am making threads that will help me get to know other members better.

I am sorry if the threads I have made have been posted before NS.

12. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Been here since Oct 06'.....and I've seen heaps come and go.
    Some I've missed...others I haven't....forums are like that, people come and go all the time.
    I believe that this is one of the best in the world and that's why I'm still here.:D

13. backcheck64

Gold Member

People do have lives beyond the internet. With business changes with seasonal changes, I have more time in the winter, I'm getting busier now and I'll be cycling much more and hitting the golf course so I'll be on forums less. It's cyclical for most people.

14. Beach

Beach New Member

I've been here roughly as long as you dude and for me it waxes and wanes.. IMO once the initial **wow I wonder what ppl think about this? ** or I have a question about that** fades then yeah you kinda hear the same stories repeat.
    Then it boils down to the community of ppl here and what they contribute.. Then I ask myself, what do *I* contribute?
    I *mostly ha* enjoy our motley crew of ppl here and look forward to checking in and post when I have something I think is valid to contribute to the community.

*rambling off** :)

#14 Beach, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  15. igor

Gold Member

That's what I was thinking. It is always changing (like the weather here in Illinois - just wait - tomorrow will be different). :)

16. Northside

Gold Member

I find your posts interesting Untamed. You seem to be an honest, vulnerable, and sophisticated woman. I would find you interesting just because you're from a place so distant and different than where I live. I would like to get to know you better because you seem very real and participate here in a very positive way. I also find your Avatar pic extremely attractive. The posts from all the insecure young boys either bragging about the size of their members or asking "am I big enough," annoy me. There seem to be more one time posters who post something outrageous and never come back. I am finding fewer personalities here that I can relate to.

My point was, overall, I find the posts here less interesting than even a few months ago. That's not to say that that there is nothing here that interests me. If that was the case I'd have just ridden off into the sunset.

Now to be fair, I have to admit that I've only started a couple of threads in the time I've been here. My early post were all just wisecracks, but a few made it to the "notable quotes." So maybe I don't have much room to complain.

17. HardRocker

Gold Member

It always cycles up and down. When a whole bunch join at nearly the same time it gets busy and every topic is new to all. Then it gets to be too familiar and it slows down. This is one of those times.

I haven't been around much lately either. With the unusually nice weather since late February I have been working on the house and my car. Then last week's wreck took the wind out of my sails big time. Things that didn't bother me while I was still in shock are hobbling me, literally, now. I mostly check in to see if the moderators are getting swamped and check out without posting. Like now. I am still here, just not very entertaining for the time being.

18. awakened

awakened New Member

I have been here less than a year and still love this forum. More so for my frineds than anything. I want to contribute more of my crazy sex life but I get so overwhelmed that sometimes its seems odd and that there will be no interest, but hey, i guess i wont know until I post about it.
    Love you guys and gals !!!!!!

19. 33stack

Gold Member

I'm new here and I'm having a good time. I goof around ALOT and I know I pissed off a couple of posters that kanda misunderstood my post. I hope I explained it well enough. I feel like I have a whole community of new friends to share ideas and experiences. I like to talk about stuff my wife and I do and get ideas from other members. I only wish there was a way to commuicate my tone of voice to tell when I use sarcasm in a joking way. Either way, I hope I bring something interesting to the forum.

20. nyxx

nyxx New Member

bah, people come and go. its the internet and the forums. people aren't going to stay here for decades. don't fret though, you'll make new friends.