Where are they all coming from?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Barbwire, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

Lately, the forums seem to be flooded with people that just want to hook up and/or post pics of their genitalia.

My question is, where are they all coming from all of a sudden? Is SF being promoted as that kind of a site elsewhere on the internet?

If so, I wish it would stop and be promoted as a place to learn, share and relate to REAL people.

2. Beach

Beach New Member

Well shoot I was about to PM you with a picture of my junk with a special horse bridle attached.. Eh oh well... :lol

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

But, where did you come from Walt? That's what I want to know. :p

4. pinoy

pinoy New Member

found it on google.

5. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Generally, when we get a spammer, I check to see if they have filled in their profile.
    there seems to be many who have found us on google....
    I mean, lets face it.....if you search for sexual forums on just about any search engine......guess what comes up....
    In many cases, thats a good thing.....but in some cases, it isn't:shrug

6. Beach

Beach New Member

Ah ill fill out a profile today so you all know I'm not a crusty ole' spammers dude..Lol.

7. pinoy

pinoy New Member

ah. Me too.

8. Falsehope

Falsehope New Member

It's also misfortunate that a lot of those coming here are under 21. Don't get me wrong as there are some very mature 18 and 19 year olds, but some of them are just irresponsible and are only here for just what you mention. And those are the ones this site does not need or want. It didn't use to be that way :(

9. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

The thing about checking for a profile to be filled out to see if someone is a spammer, is that it only takes a couple of minutes to fill out the profile. The spammers have caught on to that as well, and have taken the time to fill out profiles in order to bypass that particular judgement. On another forum that I go to, I had to boot several posts last night from a spammer, and that one had a full profile filled out. Sometimes just googling the username can be helpful, or running a Whois on their IP address (you would be surprised what you can find that way:p), and even checking websites like Stop Forum Spam can help you find out for sure.

I was actually thinking about posting a thread very similar to this one last night, but for some reason or another I didn't. I have been noticing all the "here's my cock, hope you enjoy" posts, from people that are posting these pics and never coming back, or the [M4W] threads, without even taking those 2 minutes I spoke of earlier to fill out a profile, let alone taking one more minute on top of that to post an introduction. The thing is, this isn't PhotoBucket or some random hook up site, and if the site is being promoted that way elsewhere, then maybe we should see if Rob would be willing to look into it.

10. HardRocker

Gold Member

I've been looking some of them up with Stop Forum Spam, but so far haven't had any matches. A lot of them might go away after school starts in late August. True for the USA anyway.

11. LilBAM

Gold Member

I have to say a lot of them are indeed coming just by typing in "sexual forum" into Google or some other search engine. That's actually how I found this place, and it was the first result in the search engine. It's a shame, but there's simply just a lot of immaturity on the internet, *especially* when it comes to sex. If I find any ways to help, I'll be glad to share, but hopefully this problem is solved soon *somehow.*

12. HardRocker

Gold Member

Thanks, LilBAM. The best thing you can do is to click the red flag at the lower left to report any post that seems to go against the rules. Hot Wheels and I appreciate all of the members that have been doing that.

Like I've told a couple of our helpful new members, we are in a membership rebuilding stage right now. If we can get a big enough group of regulars so that some of them are always online, then the place might watch out for itself a little better. I hope so anyway.

13. Beach

Beach New Member

Never noticed the flag down there until you mentioned HR..I will use it.